noob looking for his first dSLR cam! please help!~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it states international warranty, I dun see why it wun be valid in Singapore! :dunno:

I can't see where it states international warranty leh. I only see the word with warranty.

I can't see where it states international warranty leh. I only see the word with warranty.

You bought your cam already?

my advice is to go to the shop. try both see which u like. performace is almost the same. no definite answer which is better. maybe u can see which one u find handles better.

:thumbsup:

went around to try try the cameras... waaaa no i'm really confused!! LOL
i tried d70, 350D and a oly E550..

I like the d70 built and the lens! LOL but I realise that if I wanna upgrade, the lenses are v ex!
I like the 350D too though it feels abit light..
then I tried E550... and now I cant make up my mind hahahahaha!! **** man i shouldn't have looked ard too much! LOL!!

oh i did forget to say that the reviews found on the web seems to rate d70 higher than canon..

went around to try try the cameras... waaaa no i'm really confused!! LOL
i tried d70, 350D and a oly E550..

I like the d70 built and the lens! LOL but I realise that if I wanna upgrade, the lenses are v ex!
I like the 350D too though it feels abit light..
then I tried E550... and now I cant make up my mind hahahahaha!! **** man i shouldn't have looked ard too much! LOL!!
y upgrade lens for d70 expensive? :dunno:
and btw E550? new camera? :dunno:

Get Sony! ;)

Get Canon :thumbsup:

Get Nikon. :thumbsup:

Get Sony! ;)

TS is going to get MORE confused liao! :bsmilie:
*Hope this isn't going to start a brand war!* :sweat:

Anyways, to the TS, go down to a shop and try out each model and make to suit your budget. Have a feel for it and their performance to decide. Can ask a friend in the know to go with you to explain in greater detail what each does, gether his/her input to decide on your purchase.

hi there,

dont be fooled by all the marketing gimmicks although 60% of the time it might be true.

the photograph produced by the camera will end up being the skill and knowing the techniques to apply by YOU , not the camera . you control the camera not the other way around.

i would suggest getting the d50 over d40. initially,i wanted to get the d40 but after a through thinking, i am getting a d50 instead.

i have personally tried canon, pentax , olympus and nikon, of which i chose nikon instead.

my reason being that i followed what i felt instead of what i knew. the nikon felt more comfortable in my hands.. and that , i followed it.

do what you want, but for me, i'll say follow your hands . its true you can learn to adapt to tings but i want things to be natural, as much as my shots on pictures, so im following my comfort over everything else.

if you wanna start of, on a budget, get a d50, 350d , k100d or e500. your call. your money . dont let someone dominate you off your money by recommending this and that , in the end it's yours, not theirs . i recommend you try out all of it and choose wisely

*ps* best to get your canon friends, nikon friends, pentax friends, olympus friends and sony friends to tag along. all of them better so you can hear their say and choose

TS is going to get MORE confused liao! :bsmilie:
*Hope this isn't going to start a brand war!* :sweat:

Anyways, to the TS, go down to a shop and try out each model and make to suit your budget. Have a feel for it and their performance to decide. Can ask a friend in the know to go with you to explain in greater detail what each does, gether his/her input to decide on your purchase.

No lah, I did that as Wazzup just came in to shout Get Nikon, so have to at least shout with him mah.

Aiya, for your budget of $1k? Buy body also must find lens.

How come people here have not told you the lens is more important, it's responsible for putting images on those sensors!

Sadly, there is no good combination of good lens on a good body at this price for a true DSLR.

However, you can take a peek/look/glance at Lumix FZ-50.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz50/

Leica lens, Panasonic body. Quite capable. I am looking for this one even though I have a 30D and few L lenses.

Leica 35-420mm lens WOW! Need not buy anymore lenses. LiveView.

If you are disturbed by its Jpeg "noise" problem, shoot RAW. I strongly suspect you will enjoy shooting with this camera more then the rest suggested above, and don't have to worry over which better lens to buy for more $$$.

he said get Canon... :dunno: you too poisoned by Nikon? :bsmilie:

They was Andy Ang's reply to wazzup to spike him. ;)

Wonder if Rashkae's reply was in the same direction too?
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

They was Andy Ang's reply to wazzup to spike him. ;)

Wonder if Rashkae's reply was in the same direction too?
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
I would say: "Get angpauw first...!" :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

I would say: "Get angpauw first...!" :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Skalli it's giving out and not coming in! :bsmilie:

Anyways, go for the major brands, wun go wrong liaoz. ;p

Except he can only autofocus using AF-S or AF-I lenses, which are expensive. And the D40 has a cheap, toy-like build.

I'd say got for the 350D. MS color still has an unopened, b-new kit for sale.

No offence, and I don't disagree with your views, except I can't understand why you would describe the D40 has having cheap toy-like build, and then go on to recommend the 350D. I've compared (I mean handled) the D40, 350D, D80 and 30D. Compared to the D80 and 30D, the D40 does feel a bit like a toy. But then the 350D feels even worse...:confused:

ok guys i think i've made up my mind! LOL (finally yeah?)
i'm going for a 350D 1st choice (if I can get a new one for the right price) and if I can't, I'll go for a d70 2nd hand..

thanks for the comments given! I'll update my buy! hahaha.. hopefully i can get it b4 CNY when my IPPT incentive comes in LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.