Noob in SLR Photoshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey86

Dec 10, 2007
Hi guys,
I've own a D70 since like 2 years ago and haven't been taking pictures using any correct methods. Jus started researching on SLR and skills/equipment needed for a good photo shoot these days (hope it's better late than never) and i've come across lots of comments saying something like good lightings make good result. Comparison between SB-600 and SB-800 seems to b like up-to-your-own-preference kinda thing. So jus wondering which one is would be a better choice if i were to own my 1st external flash?

i don't know much about flash, so can't help u much on that ...

Yes good lighting make good result, but that doesn't mean you can't have good lighting without flash. even at night, it is possible to play around with available light and exposure (aperture, shutter and iso), and still get good photos. do read up more to understand more. flash photography is a whole different thing to pick up, and i suggest you pick up on the basics of exposure without flash first, before handling flash photography ...

And yes, it's better late than never, enjoy shooting ;)

It's hard but fun cos i get to see things in different angle and taking pictures from different angle givs different results. I'm still trying hard to learn though and it's all about one's creativity to portray wat he/she sees and wat he/she wan others to see.

Anyway i'm trying to get a flash cos i'm trying to learn studio photography cos playing with lighting seem very interesting to me also. HOWEVER, having a tight budget, haha.
In conclusion, so many things so little time and of cos, so little money... T_T

Last edited:
Welcome to CS

READ MORE
SHOOT more
Post more

If you can find the SB-800, it'll be better as there are more functions avail and you can also use it as a remote flash commander.

hmm, ok, i guess i shd buy SB-800 1st and SB-600 as a slave strobe if i can affort next time. Thx alot!

It's alittle over my budget though, haha, not sure wat SB-900 can do yet since i've only read up on SB-600 & SB-800 as they are within my budget range. If u got lobang can pm me, haha

Hi guys,
I've own a D70 since like 2 years ago and haven't been taking pictures using any correct methods.

We're in the same shoes! Got a D70 more than 2 years ago, and only dusted it about 2 weeks back after I bought prime lens. (Luckily didn't grow fungus). :bsmilie:

Haha, ditto the prime lens part, jus got a 50mm f1.8 before cny for $170 @ sls

Status
Not open for further replies.