non-stop harassment from an insurance agent, how to stop him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi, i got a fren who has just become an insurance agent, he has been calling and smsing me so often to discuss financial planning and even the upcoming annuity thing ! i told him i already got my plans done by my agent years back and i dun need him, but he did not listen ! and kept repeating words like a movie script...

what piss me off is that his guy knew NUTS about financial markets ! ;( end up i am the one explaining to him what is going on in the money world, worst of all this guy lied about his personal investment !

shall i lodge an official complaint to his company? how shall i go about to stop him from disturbing me? need advice from fellow clubsnappers. :think:

hi, i got a fren who has just become an insurance agent, he has been calling and smsing me so often to discuss financial planning and even the upcoming annuity thing ! i told him i already got my plans done by my agent years back and i dun need him, but he did not listen ! and kept repeating words like a movie script...

what piss me off is that his guy knew NUTS about financial markets ! ;( end up i am the one explaining to him what is going on in the money world, worst of all this guy lied about his personal investment !

shall i lodge an official complaint to his company? how shall i go about to stop him from disturbing me? need advice from fellow clubsnappers. :think:

Well, you could call the parent organization to complain.

But maybe dropping a subtle hint on him might be better.

If he still persists, then by all means fire a complaint - the higher up the hierarchy the better.

sabo him lor.

sign up den cancel policy. if he have too many ppl cancle policy he will be barred. Tell him this out front den he will be scared.

sabo him lor.

sign up den cancel policy. if he have too many ppl cancle policy he will be barred. Tell him this out front den he will be scared.

Alamak, you more evil than me.... :bsmilie:

sabo him lor.

Dun lidat lah.
People also trying very hard to earn a living.

Maybe wife pregnant, need money for hospital bills,
or
parents sick, need money for medical fees.

Got money...buy the cheapest and safest investment plan from him lor.
Afterall is your friend mah...not stranger from roadside.

:p :angel: :p

Dun lidat lah.

or

true but if I really dont need one and after repeatly telling him in the face, I will do that else I will be too bz entertaining him. Buying too many policy will hurt my pocket in the long run too and I also hv many mouth to feed mah..

It always work for me when insurance agent repearly call me up. And I actually excuted this once many years ago.

police report...

tell him that you already bought policy from others and THANK him for his service :sweatsm:

think he's just trying to make a living.... if he's your fren, give him abit of face at least. tell him off nicely that you dont mind entertaining him but not on this insurance policy issue anymore. i kena too many times from 'friends' who are agents (insurance agents, property agents - as i was looking for a house and not to mention MLM fiends, spelt wrongly on deliberate) and i refused to answer calls and deleted any sms msges. thats what your caller ID is for ;)

buy n then cancel policy... :thumbsup:

Where got people so hard sell one, like that not friend.

Just tell him off la, people got what wife pregnant this that, come on, everyone has those problems, I suppose not getting a hint is nothing to do with that, more like socially ineptitude - i.e. a social retard.

Where got people so hard sell one, like that not friend.

Just tell him off la, people got what wife pregnant this that, come on, everyone has those problems, I suppose not getting a hint is nothing to do with that, more like socially ineptitude - i.e. a social retard.

the problem is i had already told him more than once, that i had my own agent liao but he insist that i should take him as his agent from now on jus becos i am his friend ? confused:

eversince this friend became an agent, his character change into something weird, "super friendly" towards people, and whenever he met someone be it a friend or someone's friend, he will eagerly want to get contact numbers and targeted them to buy policies from him, whenever he spoke to people, his conversation will always have his insurance thing inside. And he will present a look of care and confidence in front of them.

even to strangers, he will said things like " u know ? i care for your future and your needs.. and i had a solution for you... " wah lau !? my own parents who bring me up never even said such words... and yet he talked until like he is my Papa !? :confused:

the problem is i had already told him more than once, that i had my own agent liao but he insist that i should take him as his agent from now on jus becos i am his friend ? confused:

eversince this friend became an agent, his character change into something weird, "super friendly" towards people, and whenever he met someone be it a friend or someone's friend, he will eagerly want to get contact numbers and targeted them to buy policies from him, whenever he spoke to people, his conversation will always have his insurance thing inside. And he will present a look of care and confidence in front of them.

even to strangers, he will said things like " u know ? i care for your future and your needs.. and i had a solution for you... " wah lau !? my own parents who bring me up never even said such words... and yet he talked until like he is my Papa !? :confused:

If like that you decide whether you want this friend, because he obviously isn't treating you as a friend, more like a client/potential client.

If you don't want it anymore just keep hanging up on him, and if he persists tell him that he's harassing you and suggest that he take it easy because the hard sell tactic is going to lose him a lot of customers, people hate getting pestered really.

Dun lidat lah.

or

Wah you so creative and imaginative to creat possible scenarios for his fren heheh you make a good sales person...in fact you sure you not an insurance person yourself? heheheheheheheh

You have no choice but to tolerate, since he is your friend. Keep on rejecting him until one day you cannot tahan anymore and blast him away with full force. That's what I did, and he apologized to me after that and never disturbed me again.

Well, since he doesn't know when to stop, he has to bear our tantrums. Fair deal, isn't it?
^^

You know just by that quote you mentioned it tells me the "friendship" is over. Done. Full Stop. No dedicated friend will impose himself on you like just to benefit himself. To suggest that he want you to cut off someone you already trust to handle your affairs and maybe ALSO a friend just so he can get all your business is outlandish and sickening when he is a (good) friend. Today it's insurance, what will be be tomorrow? One simple policy today, something more later and then another type and then another.. He knows he is pushing it but so long as you are showing some sign of weakening, he/she will push on.

Trust me...it is not worth hanging on to such friends. This kind of friends I use to have alot and still do. And I throw them away very quickly when they get this way. I have told off and cut off ties with about 10 friends because of insurance related pestering. No regret. You got to remember this is not like helping a friend by buying him a treat or help him repair his bike or teach him photography for a few weeks or month. This is about getting stuck with more policies than you can afford to PAY and also PAY IT ON A LONG TERM BASIS. Maybe longer then the friendship you have with him as he would have moved on to more new victims...opps I mean new clients. heheh

beside this... i am very pissed off with his "wayang show" of knowledge about financial markets.. he said " i passed my exams, i am certified by MAS, i read Business Times, i read Warren Buffet... etc "

And guess what ? he cannot even explain to me about the recent subprime problem, end up i am the one explaining to him ! ;(

i am just wandering are our insurance agents (aka financial planners) really know what are they entrusted to ? or is it just theories and books... and just hoping to earn commissions thru sales of products ??

beside this... i am very pissed off with his "wayang show" of knowledge about financial markets.. he said " i passed my exams, i am certified by MAS, i read Business Times, i read Warren Buffet... etc "

And guess what ? he cannot even explain to me about the recent subprime problem, end up i am the one explaining to him ! ;(

i am just wandering are our insurance agents (aka financial planners) really know what are they entrusted to ? or it just theories and books... and just hoping to earn commissions thru sales of products ??

According to my brother in law who is a financial advisor, he thinks the local course or those offered by insurance company is weak and only really is teaching you the bare basics if you can even call it that and it is really about teaching you how to sell agressively. He is British and he took up a course in the UK with Prudential. Prundential in Singapore don't offer that here. Get this..it is a full time 3 solid year course! Which you still have to earn your own way while you took the course and then there are tough exams through the 3 yrs to pass before you get some special Initiate to signify your qualificatrion and it is internationally recognised.

Locally...you get like a 1 week or more of night classes. Of course some higher course are also available as the next step but well overall...he feel it does not amount to anything great. Not to worry from me lah...he only service the expat here he does not touch locals ....so I will not hard sell him to you all heeeeee

since u say is ur friend already, I guess u cnt be any bad to him right? Probably just reject taking all his calls lor. After some time, he should get it bah

I got harrassed by a female agent before. I dun even know her and I dun know how come she hav my house number even! so pissed off with her repeat calls to my handphone and house and soundly 'oh-so-friendly' over the phone. And very periodically every 3 mths, 6mths still call me, persist until 1yr+. Until I got very angry and told her off saying 'I thought I told you don't ever call me again? Pls remove my number and don't ever call me again. I don't need any of your service. If I ever receive your call again, I'll make a complaint to your management'
Seems like very bad, but then I didn't receive her call after that :bsmilie:

tell him u just incurred a heavy debt / loss from the stock market and abt to declare bankruptcy.
ask him what are his solution to yr problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.