Status
Not open for further replies.

sabbatical

Jun 17, 2004
Bishan
Hello all,

I need some help here... does anyone know if there's a camera that's
a non-SLR digital camera with >300mm lens zoom factor, around? :dunno:
Nevermind what brand. As long as the zoom factor can match a 300mm lens zoom.
I'm looking to get one... :)

Either that or a DSLR model, that have a mode which allow the camera to be totally silent. :bsmilie:

Many thanks :p

are u asking for non-Dslr or non-slr? I don't think there is a non-Dslr/slr that can give >300mm zoom... Besides, it's not the camera that zooms, it's the lense that zooms...

i can only think of slr camera for what u want. :dunno:

edit: Oh, I stand corrected. :)

Bluestrike said:
You have been corrected.... :p

hahah~ i didn't realise prosumers come with >300mm now... so envious, i have to make do with 200mm on my slr. :( :bsmilie:

Oh wow! Thanks BlueStrike... initially I had the same thoughts as foxtwo, regarding prosumer cameras as well... but this is real eye-opening :bigeyes:

Now to check out how good this camera is ....
does anyone know how much the Olympus C-770 UZ cost? ;p
It looks like its much better than the others within the same range... it's 3.9 effective megapixels... and I'm quite amazed to see a 50 ISO rating on this camera too... I wonder...

Thanks again :D

sabbatical said:
Oh wow! Thanks BlueStrike... initially I had the same thoughts as foxtwo, regarding prosumer cameras as well... but this is real eye-opening :bigeyes:

Now to check out how good this camera is ....
does anyone know how much the Olympus C-770 UZ cost? ;p
It looks like its much better than the others within the same range... it's 3.9 effective megapixels... and I'm quite amazed to see a 50 ISO rating on this camera too... I wonder...

Thanks again :D

IMHO, getting a DC with IS is a better choice. at 300mm and more, it really hard to get a decent shots handheld.

Bluestrike said:
IMHO, getting a DC with IS is a better choice. at 300mm and more, it really hard to get a decent shots handheld.

Oh wow! X2
That just narrowed the results to just 2 cameras...So it looks like the Panasonic DMC-FZ10 have the better specs... but there's not Panasonic thread here...

So does anyone owns one, how good is it really?
How much is it selling now (where to get the best deal)?

Thanks again :sweatsm:

Wai said:

OMG :bigeyes: ... LoL... :sweat:
This camera's focal range is too long for what I need...
but if I'm a little loaded, it might be a good camera to shoot the moon and astro objects with... but Singapore's not a good location to do that either...

So back to the Panasonic DMC-FZ10
Any idea if the price have dropped (& where to grab one)?
Also any bad feedback on it? :sweat:

Thanks!

erm...u say >300mm lens mah

if u attach a 300mm to a 10D, you will get 480mm already

On the other hand, the TD-1 has a focal length of 450mm - 1350mm

nope..still not enough for serious astro because it has an ISO from 100 - 200 only

probably just enough for moon shot that's all

sabbatical said:
Oh wow! X2
That just narrowed the results to just 2 cameras...So it looks like the Panasonic DMC-FZ10 have the better specs... but there's not Panasonic thread here...

So does anyone owns one, how good is it really?
How much is it selling now (where to get the best deal)?

Thanks again :sweatsm:

Heh, you forgot about the KM Z-3?

i suggest u dont buy the fz10. there are 2 major problems with the cam.
noise and focusing.

thinking of getting td-1 as a zoom cam..
how much is it? which shop is carrying it?

acetylcholine said:
i suggest u dont buy the fz10. there are 2 major problems with the cam.
noise and focusing.

The focusing problem are way overblown IMO. It is just that there are a few defective cams in one of the early batches. I have not heard of any significant noise problem.

FZ10 is worth taking a look if you don't mind the price (it is the most expensive as compared to the Oly C-7x0 series, Minolta Z series and Canon S1 IS) and its size (it is the biggest among the others 10x/12x zoom cams).

the fz1's focusing is terrible slow and inaccurate lest yr lights are damn good.
i bet the fz10 cant do much better.

acetylcholine said:
the fz1's focusing is terrible slow and inaccurate lest yr lights are damn good.
i bet the fz10 cant do much better.

Then so does all the other cams without the autofocus assist light. ;)

Convoy said:
The focusing problem are way overblown IMO. It is just that there are a few defective cams in one of the early batches. I have not heard of any significant noise problem.

FZ10 is worth taking a look if you don't mind the price (it is the most expensive as compared to the Oly C-7x0 series, Minolta Z series and Canon S1 IS) and its size (it is the biggest among the others 10x/12x zoom cams).

Em, just what kind of noise is it? :eek:
It's not like the shutter or mirror click is it? Does it even uses a mirror?

My decision for the Panasonic FZ10 was based on the dpreview comparision chart that provided a side-by-side spec of all the cameras you've mentioned... you think maybe there'd be a new model launching soon too? :sweat:

Thanks

nah...i've tried other cams (all without AF assist) faster than fz1/fz10 (not sure abt the accuracy because no chance to upload)

Status
Not open for further replies.