Non Receipt Of Online Mail Order Thru SingPost..

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
I have order 2nd time from a seller in HWZ.
He have a online site to process the order.
1st time I ordered some screen protectors worth around $10 and received
the order via normal mail few days later.
Just ordered 2nd time from the same seller, same site for a USB Digital TV Tuner
worth $68, posted via normal mail on 2nd Apr 07 as advised by the seller.
Till today, I still don't receive the order. Have gone thru the seller thread and
seem that so far no body complained of non-receipt.
Have checked witn the seller and he confirmed that he had mailed it out on 2nd Apr
and won't send replacement for free. If it confirmed lost after 5 working days, he
won't send replacement for free but at a discounted price.

I have some deals at Yahoo SG Auction before and it took fastest 2 days to arrive..
So what the max working days SingPost take to deliver a local package??
And what can I do now?? Anyway to call up SingPost to check as it is not registered..?
Thanks.

BTW, payment done via bank tranfer, so can't do anything on that part.
Infact, most of my local online purchases all pay via bank tranfer..:)

Is there a tracking number? If so, plese check with post office, also sometimes the postman tried to deliver it, but forgot to send you a message when there is no one at home......check your mnearest post office or the head office at Paya Lebar

HS

This is the reason why you shouldn't accept shipping other than registered mail. That S$2 that you save may give you so much more problems later.

Normally will be 2nd, 5rd day to receive.
But for me there was once my mail arrived only after 8 days due to add wrongly written(my postal code) by sender.

If you are buying anything more than a certain price, ie. this price would differ on how heart pain you would be if the item is lost, then just add a little so that such things won't occur.. I guess.

Sometimes there is a delay, I can receive online items as late as 7-10 days from when the seller claimed he mailed it. Sometimes they lose track of time and forget and forget and can't really remember when they mail when you ask them, actually. Hahaha.

I have order 2nd time from a seller in HWZ.
He have a online site to process the order.
1st time I ordered some screen protectors worth around $10 and received
the order via normal mail few days later.
Just ordered 2nd time from the same seller, same site for a USB Digital TV Tuner
worth $68, posted via normal mail on 2nd Apr 07 as advised by the seller.
Maybe some delay due to the short holiday? Wait till tuesday or wednesday.....

HS

Singpost will deliver the next working day. Post before 5pm or 7pm depends on postbox, and next day you get it.
Buying through the post, pay an additional S$2.20 for registration on top of the normal postage. Get the registration number from the seller, if lost, can claim S$68 maximum.

Ordinary post, sorry lah ! no way of tracing, it is the word of the seller unless he used Proof of Posting slip, paying a 20cts fee. The Proof of Posting will show your name and address with the 20c stamps chop by the post office counter and it is handed over to the counter.In this way, seller can show that he has posted the letter. Not many people know of this system, sometime the post office people also blurr! but there is a Proof of Posting slip. I have a booklet given to me by the Post Office.

I think I know who you are referring to in HWZ. I've dealt with him for quite a few times, and he's pretty honest. So don't think it lies on his part though.

Maybe you could check your given address? It may be wrong. Meanwhile, I think there's nothing you can do but wait.

It is my fault not taking up the registered cos thought local mail systems should be ok..
Seller should be ok as he been doing other sale too..
Now I just worry about SingPost Service, heart pain...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.