Non-Photography Day is June 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
vickuik said:
I will not support this too.. esp this falls on my BD.
lol happy birthday..
yeah i was confused too i tot it was in july but the article states june...
anyway its nonphotograpdy days for me for quite a while arleady .. finally broke it on wednesday...

17july i had to shoot. lol. i going on a tour :)

well, sometimes i have the same thinking as that artist. when i go for a trip, sometimes i spend most of the time taking photographs, i don't really spend much time to relax.

At any time, we can all consciously choose to enjoy the moment. Don't really have to make it a special day to do that.
And there will always be people, whether with or without the camera, will always fail to enjoy such beautiful moments.

Well, 17th June is Monday anyway. All weekdays are non-photography days for me. :bsmilie:

from http://www.nonphotographyday.com/info.html

Why put down your camera on 17th July?

Non- photography day is an effort on my part to revive the moment by putting down the camera. It is a day to think about how life exists, in essence and not appearance and to understand the inadequacy of the photograph in describing this essence, to bring awareness of the perils of living through the view finder or the display screen…

This day was made after trekking through the Jungle on the Thailand/Burma Border with a group of travellers. As you would expect we came across many wonderful views, villages and creatures on our way; however I noticed that the people around me were living in these moments through their camera, and as soon as we stopped and were still, all reached for their camera

I felt my fellow travellers rarely really appreciated the essence of the moment they were in or engaged in any relationship between themselves and the places we stopped. They were more concerned with gaining the pattern the camera made. I felt sad for them, as it seemed they were missing out on so much reality through their obsession, an act of possession- of wanting to own the appearance of the place, as if this was all it had to give and photographs were their way of taking it.

‘The thing is there before our eyes, for it refuses to be ignored; but when we endeavour to grasp it within our own hands in order to examine it more closely or systematically, it eludes us and we lose it’s track’

D.T Suzuki- Essays in Zen Buddhism

This echoed in the streams of images people showed me, the only thing I could grasp from the images was that the person had been present in this location, somehow the stories, the perceived magic of the places never emerged. I concluded that through this use of photography, people’s natural creativity with communication was and is being lost.

:thumbsup:

eikin said:
from http://www.nonphotographyday.com/info.html

Why put down your camera on 17th July?

Non- photography day is an effort on my part to revive the moment by putting down the camera. It is a day to think about how life exists, in essence and not appearance and to understand the inadequacy of the photograph in describing this essence, to bring awareness of the perils of living through the view finder or the display screen…
:thumbsup:

Err... actually I've been doing that for times when I do not use the camera, which is like 99% of my living moment. So why should we have a day to stop people from doing something that they do only 1% of their time? Instead, we should have photography day where EVERYONE should go out to the streets to shoot and express their visual perspectives!

& I declare 23 July is no CS day! :devil: :devil:
Whoever logs in will be banned & deregistered :bsmilie:

pianodancer said:
Err... actually I've been doing that for times when I do not use the camera, which is like 99% of my living moment. So why should we have a day to stop people from doing something that they do only 1% of their time? Instead, we should have photography day where EVERYONE should go out to the streets to shoot and express their visual perspectives!

go ahead, no one's stopping you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.