Non-extending normal zoom lenses


Status
Not open for further replies.

imouyang

New Member
Oct 17, 2004
598
0
0
30
Hougang
#1
Hey... Just curious... Is there any normal range zoom lens that dun extend when zooming?

Cuz most of the lenses i know do extend... Like the famous Canon 24-70L and it little bro 24-105L...
Also, tamron and sigma counterparts all extend when zoomed...

I heard that tokina's 28-70 and 28-80 dun extend when zooming... izzit true?

Pls enlighten!! Thanks:)
 

Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
33
Clementi
#2
the tokinas dont extend. but theyre long and heavy. yup. im not sure if the canon 28-70L does extend. i thot it doesnt? hmm :think:
 

imouyang

New Member
Oct 17, 2004
598
0
0
30
Hougang
#3
Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
the tokinas dont extend. but theyre long and heavy. yup. im not sure if the canon 28-70L does extend. i thot it doesnt? hmm :think:
I think it does... 24-70 is based on the same design as 28-70... No design revamp... So it does extend...
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#5
Nikkor AF-S 28-70 f/2.8 and Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L, 28-70 f/2.8L all lengthens when zooming, but the hood position doesn't change.
 

imouyang

New Member
Oct 17, 2004
598
0
0
30
Hougang
#6
espn said:
Nikkor AF-S 28-70 f/2.8 and Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L, 28-70 f/2.8L all lengthens when zooming, but the hood position doesn't change.
Oh Thx for the info~:) I am aware of that... It's due to the internal focusing system;)
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#7
imouyang said:
Oh Thx for the info~:) I am aware of that... It's due to the internal focusing system;)
It's still IF, but the front element only protrudes, it doesn't rotate.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom