Nokia unreliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie J

Aug 22, 2006
Northern Singapore
I heard (or read) somewhere recently that certain Nokia cellphones, particularly the 6000 series are problematic. That there has been a high incidence of failure/unreliability. Is this so? :dunno:

Which 6000 series model ?
My old 6610 (no i behind) still ok after 3 years when I sold it.
I also had a 6610i (with camera), the screen not as good as the original 6610 but no real problems.

6610 had problems...
6100 was the best in the 6thou series..

But the 3210 made me swear off Nokia forever...

Heard n73 a lot of problems. True or false?

6610 had problems...
6100 was the best in the 6thou series..

But the 3210 made me swear off Nokia forever...

hmm my 3210 survived many drops and wacks leh. 3310 also survived. But the 6 series very unreliable always hang one. N Series worse!

My 6230 has been with me for more than 2 yrs. Good n reliabe despite falls n knocks.

However, I've had bad experiences with N Series. It usually hangs when the memory card is almost full. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Which 6000 series model ?
My old 6610 (no i behind) still ok after 3 years when I sold it.
I also had a 6610i (with camera), the screen not as good as the original 6610 but no real problems.
Was thinking of 6233/6280/6288. Anyone with experience with these sets?

hmm my 3210 survived many drops and wacks leh. 3310 also survived. But the 6 series very unreliable always hang one. N Series worse!

My 3210 hanged... CONSTANTLY.... :angry:

Personally I find the NXX series phone is one of the most horrible on the market currently. I've touched it and I'm amazed they actually let such horrible software out in the phone.

I know of 3 people who got rid of their N80 within 1 month of buying it;
Common complains:
1) Too laggy
2) Cannot send SMS
3) Cannot receive SMS
4) SMS (sending and receiving) lag by ten to twenty minutes
5) calls aren't very clear at times
6) Oh yes, the phone crashes so often and so badly, that my friends has to take out the battery and put it in again to restart the phone.

Yes, i heard N series.... bad..

but my E61 is damn solid. no hangs, very smooth with the updated firmware. 1st firmware was buggy but now it rocks!

i've just moved from N70 (to me it's a hyper-lagger)
to K800i (much faster response)
very very happy

3250 as well. In fact, any Nokia phones running off Symbian OS and their S60 series interface, is simply utterly unreliable! Slow SMS sending, hang during call accept and automatic restart due to memory overload, and definitely more!

I am hoping to jump to Sony Ericsson asap, perhaps with W950i.

but my E61 is damn solid. no hangs, very smooth with the updated firmware. 1st firmware was buggy but now it rocks!

E61 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Me using too. Mine with new f/w as well. Love the full qwerty key...er.. thumbboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.