Nokia takes customer service seriously (really?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

This was an answer provided by Nokia to ST Forum Online following a serious complaint made by a customer:

Eight months old, and mobile phone already sent for repairs thrice

I HAVE always thought of Nokia mobile phones as user-friendly and reliable until now.

My wife's Nokia N73 has been in the service centre since March 23. As of today, we still don't have a clue as to when the phone will be repaired and it is proving to be very distressing.

Initially we were given an indicative repair duration of five days when we sent in the phone which had refused to function at all.

Unfortunately, it has become an unbearable and frustrating wait, coupled with several conversations with Nokia Careline or service centre staff who were of not much help.

Why isn't there a loan phone for a customer whose phone is under repair for more than a week despite having requested it?

The amount of inconvenience without a mobile phone in this day and age is unspeakable.

My wife's phone is less than eight months old and yet this is already the third time that she had to send it in for repairs.

Andrew Ang Uun Loong

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nokia takes customer service seriously

I REFER to the letter by Mr Andrew Ang Uun Loong, 'Eight months old, and mobile phone already sent for repairs thrice'' (Online forum, April 23).

We apologise for the inconvenience that Mr Ang's wife experienced while trying to have her mobile phone repaired.

Customer service is of great importance to Nokia and we have since contacted them to resolve this matter.

Foo Wen-Dee
Senior Manager, Communications
Nokia Asia Pacific

This is the barest of bare replies - apology and we have contacted them.  Must an aggreived consumer write to the newspapers before their complaint gets addressed?  And once it reaches the newspapers, isn't it thena  public matter that deserves a reply rather than a hushed hushed tone?  Getting away with these sorts of replies only further encourages service providers and retailers to ignore customer complaints - after all, not everyone will write in to the newspapers.  And even if someone writes in, all the company needs to do is to say "sorry, and we have contacted him to resolve the matter"  and the public has no idea how the matter is resolved.

not all CSO is good...

Given up on Nokia long-long ago. So much for user friendliness & quality. My sister's more than 2 years old Samsung has never been serviced before and she's still using it now while I'm really happy with my SE W800i. :)

Nokia Customer Care is damn lousy, man. Sometimes they don't even know about the product they are selling. I bought a phone, which stated in the local website that it has voice dial - 25 pre-set, only to discover that it incorporates the latest speaker independent voice dialling. Emailed Nokia and the person who replied gave me a stupid answer saying that voice dial - 25 pre-set is another term they used for speaker independent voice dialling. I fired back another email saying that she was trying to insult my intelligence - anyone will know that both performs the same function but are different technology altogether. FInally, another replied apologising for the mistake in the earlier reply.

Nokia has been receiving A LOT of bad press in ST Forum recently (and before), and their service recovery and explanation to the public seems equally bad as well.

Nokia will have to repsond to a complain posted on the forum. Most of the time, they will contact the client and resolve it privately.

Not a good idea to fight it out with the customer using a forum. Do you not agree?

Nokia will have to repsond to a complain posted on the forum. Most of the time, they will contact the client and resolve it privately.

Not a good idea to fight it out with the customer using a forum. Do you not agree?
The thing is why other brands of mobile phone supplier don't face this complain issue as much at the first place :sweat:

Though I do agree that Nokia sold more phone, so should receive more complaint. But the complain do seem to be out of proportionally more.:sweat:

if it hits the forums means there's a lot more behind that got away by mere rambling. Anyway, I gave up on nokia for more than 5 years already. never regretted it and I dumped them because of a similar incident with the 8310.

Nokia takes 5 days to reply to an email feedback whereas Sony Ericsson do so within 24 hours.l See the difference? Being a long time Nokia user, I recently bought a Sony Ericsson hp and sent a feedback on certain issue. Besides being prompt (within 24 hours!) with their reply, 3 months down the road, they emailed me, which have nothing to do with my earlier feedback, about the availability of an update for the phone model which I am using. Now, that's what I call real customer service! :thumbsup:

hp needs servicing?

i've not sent my hp ever for servicing or repairs since the day i had a hp.
in any case, most of you would change hp every year on average right?so why bother with repairs?:dunno:

hp needs servicing?

i've not sent my hp ever for servicing or repairs since the day i had a hp.
in any case, most of you would change hp every year on average right?so why bother with repairs?:dunno:

u different mah... we buy handfone like buy life insurance, u change handfone like us wiping tissue...

value to you is completely different and by all insignificant... :thumbsup:

Jeanie has a point there. I also never believe in servicing phones. It also depends on the price of the phone. If it is an expensive phone, people would usually go for servicing.

u different mah... we buy handfone like buy life insurance, u change handfone like us wiping tissue...

That is true.

I still keep all my old bricks:

A8CBNB.jpg

if like buy life insurance, you should be using vertu since you pay premium every month/year?

comon.stop being sarcastic lah DCA.
i mean seriously, why bother to service them unless they break down say....after 1 month use?

even minor faults, 2nd hp shops will buy them in but pasar malam price lah.

I recently bought an N73 and have had problems as well. Three Nokia phones in just over a year - I now give up on them, never again will I go Nokia.

Phones unreliable and customer service awful.

(yeah, i know - i'm stooopid for giving them a third chance....)

I recently bought an N73 and have had problems as well. Three Nokia phones in just over a year - I now give up on them, never again will I go Nokia.

Phones unreliable and customer service awful.

(yeah, i know - i'm stooopid for giving them a third chance....)

i've had a couple of noks but they are alright.no problems at all.but i'm alternating between my SE and noks nowadays.
havent been to their service center ever.didnt know their service sucks.:embrass:

maybe they want you to interact with their customer service personnel and hence their slogan is 'connecting people'?:bsmilie:

i will say we become more mean and make a lot of things bigger than life..

Read the article, it broke down in 8 months. Its still within the warranty period.

Changing phones every year has nothing to do with paying money to repair the phone. People can still keep the 1yr old but working phone as backup/trade in/pass to friends/children etc.

however if the phone conks out before 1 yr, then there's something wrong.

Even more wrong with the company gives you bad repair service.

if like buy life insurance, you should be using vertu since you pay premium every month/year?

comon.stop being sarcastic lah DCA.
i mean seriously, why bother to service them unless they break down say....after 1 month use?

even minor faults, 2nd hp shops will buy them in but pasar malam price lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.