Nokia N95, worth it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
With so many features, is it worth to get one? I am not getting now, maybe ard June, where the price and batch is more stable. Compare to Atom Life, both seem a solid phone to get??? :think:

worth it!:thumbsup: i am also waiting for the price to drop;)

the drawback is that its running on symbian 60

Hmm...i don't think it's that worth it. It's only plus point is wi-fi and an all-in-one device. However, i went down to Nokia shop and i don't quite like the feel. It lags quite badly (dunno whether because of ware & tear or because it's simply too powerful) and it's quite fat. Secondly, the GPS isn't up and ready, because they haven't created a Singapore map yet! According to my observation, it's sort of a N80 with an innovative slider,added MP camera and increased memory.

As for my case, i use an N80 (for fun), and iPod (cause a 2GB card isn't enough) and my trusty DSLR for nice shots. *N80 has a camera good enough for fun-shots

Well...the decision lies in you;p

P.S - in respose to the posts earlier on, i don't think the price will drop much. N9Xs price don't drop much. They still maintain over the 1000 range. N90,91,93's prices didn't drop, and even if it did, i think it's negligible.

Hmm...i don't think it's that worth it. It's only plus point is wi-fi and an all-in-one device. However, i went down to Nokia shop and i don't quite like the feel. It lags quite badly (dunno whether because of ware & tear or because it's simply too powerful) and it's quite fat. Secondly, the GPS isn't up and ready, because they haven't created a Singapore map yet! According to my observation, it's sort of a N80 with an innovative slider,added MP camera and increased memory.

As for my case, i use an N80 (for fun), and iPod (cause a 2GB card isn't enough) and my trusty DSLR for nice shots. *N80 has a camera good enough for fun-shots

Well...the decision lies in you;p

P.S - in respose to the posts earlier on, i don't think the price will drop much. N9Xs price don't drop much. They still maintain over the 1000 range. N90,91,93's prices didn't drop, and even if it did, i think it's negligible.
yup, it is the older bro of N80. anyway i dun think in sg i we would need GPS too....

yup, it is the older bro of N80. anyway i dun think in sg i we would need GPS too....

If you're lost, just keep driving till you find somewhere you recognise:bsmilie:

saw the ad too.. the features are overwhelming:think:

juz wondering the GPS is good enuff for the ones used in cars? if it is similar.. getting the phone wld be a better option of so many things it can do. the GPS is a vehicle wld cost about the same as the N95..depending on the brand.

if not.. the Samsung ..i think i800.. the one wif qwerty keyboard.. seems quite features packed.. and looks like a calculator too.. haha.. :)

Maybe the phone will keeps hanging while you are driving & needing the direction. Or auto restart again & again.

I guess if the GPS system works well, and if you're going to use it often, then it'll be worth it.

But at SGD1288 (no contract), a bit steep ley. This, knowing that I'll probably not have it more than a year later. I'll probably settle for the N80 IE.

I guess if the GPS system works well, and if you're going to use it often, then it'll be worth it.

But at SGD1288 (no contract), a bit steep ley. This, knowing that I'll probably not have it more than a year later. I'll probably settle for the N80 IE.

using n80ie now..

on the whole its ok..

but there are times where its very slow.. ie, in msg, i wan change to something else.. very quickly, i press this, this and this... it will stay there for a while... before moving.. when using 6680, no happen..

msg, MUST see the sending icon b4 i can close and lock the phone.. many time, i TOT i have send but it actually went to the DRAFT.. 6680, no problem..

all these might have come down to each pattern... but there is one thing i sure most would be like.. er..

the slider... most slider phone would have the 'spring' inside to either push or pull the slider.. but n80ie dun have.. i have to 'push or pull' the slider up or down.. a bit turn off loh..

BUT, its a good phone.. other than its too 'fat'...

pic swee..

good luck...

M1Shop selling at $998 with contract. Think maybe by then, I might be getting ard $888??? ;p

Actually I am thinking of getting V6 but from my previous and now experience with motorola, they are hardly been supported in a lots of way by third party software. Calm shell phone, my V60, was spoilt when I am on a trip. In the end, I got to depend on my instinct for making calls to my wife. So, V6 for me, mostly out.

N95 with so much features, it consider small if you put a mobile, slim camera and GPS together. Think it is worth for me to get, will see how other review it.

wait a sec...N95's GPS doesn't work in Singapore. They haven't even created a SIngapore map yet!:sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.