Nokia N80 or 6110 Navigator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Stuck between both phones.

Haven't actually test them out yet, but want to know from people who are using them, and what disadvantage does each of them has from a user point-of-view. :)

In my opinion, it's great to have either GPS or WIFI, but I just want to see which phone has less problem to win me over..

Finally, does these phone support Mac? As in can they use iSync to sync ical, documents etc?

Thanks in advance!

i thought abt the same.

but eventually i decided on E65.

I was told N80 is going obsolete also...

I will choose the 6110 for its GPS feature...N80 has wifi but its quite bulky

the only thing i liked abt n80 is the screen, as it has higher resolution than most nokia phones.

i thought abt the same.

but eventually i decided on E65.

I was told N80 is going obsolete also...

Is the E series good? Always feel that N series is like the more 'premium' and 'zai' one with functions better..

the only thing i liked abt n80 is the screen, as it has higher resolution than most nokia phones.

oh that's great.. is the web surfing good in WIFI (wireless@SG) places like Macdonald, etc? Comparable to laptop?

I find mobile with wifi is not useful. Even PDA too. The screen is kind of small to browse the web. Moreover the battery life is very short.

GPS may be useful if you drive a car.

I find radio and mp3 player features are useful if you take MRT.

oh that's great.. is the web surfing good in WIFI (wireless@SG) places like Macdonald, etc? Comparable to laptop?

websurfing is pretty alrite but its performance is nowhere near laptops..

websurfing is pretty alrite but its performance is nowhere near laptops..

Performance as in signal range?

I'm going down to Chinatown later, anywhere around the area where I can try out the phones? Anyone knows? Thanks!

I'm going down to Chinatown later, anywhere around the area where I can try out the phones? Anyone knows? Thanks!

not just that.. laptops offers fully fledged mutimedia experience for web based contents. so cannot compare la.

hello!

NEVER NEVER.... get the N80!!!! It was a total disappointment! Bought it at $950+ last year in june but I sold it off by Nov! It hanged on me all the time when I slot in a 1GB card and worst part when I reduced the memory card back to 512MB, problems never changed! I sent me phone for repair at the nokia ctr but problem persists and I got f%*# service at the ctr! I do not want to waste my time going back forth to the ctr again and I just give up and sold it away! I was so happy when I sold off the phone but I suffer major losses, only getting away with $450 for the phone. But despite that, no more frustrations.

Thanks guys for your inputs!

I got the E65 instead!! It's significantly slimmer than N80, and I realized WIFI is more impt than GPS for me right now... :)

Only thing is, I've tried 3 hours but still can't get the E65 to connect (via WIFI) to my apple macbook. (I've already set my macbook to sharing via airport, and another iBook can connect and surf net).. Kept getting 'No Gateway Reply".. Very frustrating. Nokia customer service hotline is not much help either :angry:

Thanks guys for your inputs!

I got the E65 instead!! It's significantly slimmer than N80, and I realized WIFI is more impt than GPS for me right now... :)

Only thing is, I've tried 3 hours but still can't get the E65 to connect (via WIFI) to my apple macbook. (I've already set my macbook to sharing via airport, and another iBook can connect and surf net).. Kept getting 'No Gateway Reply".. Very frustrating. Nokia customer service hotline is not much help either :angry:
Dun think you can connect a wifi phone to macbook via wireless. You need a wireless router.

pwn3d...

maybe you can go macdonalds to try if you can find the network anot...

Actually it can surf without any problem at Macdonalds.. It's a breeze and I don't have to configure anything. Just login to my wireless@SG will do. But just strange lah, another iBook can WIFI to my macbook, but E65 just can't.. maybe it's not a mac platform..

Actually it can surf without any problem at Macdonalds.. It's a breeze and I don't have to configure anything. Just login to my wireless@SG will do. But just strange lah, another iBook can WIFI to my macbook, but E65 just can't.. maybe it's not a mac platform..
Just curious how do connect wirelessly to your macbook from ibook ?

you can share connection with other laptops for eg, winxp to winxp, mac to mac, cos they can read each other & pair up... (winxp have a share connection as host etc...) but your e65 dun think have this feature.

Just curious how do connect wirelessly to your macbook from ibook ?

Ok my macbook is connected to a DSL line via eternet.

Then at macbook's, i did the following steps:
1. system preference
2. go to 'sharing'
3. go to 'internet' tab
4. share your connection from <choose built-in eternet>
5. to computer using: <put a tick at 'airport'>
6. click on 'Airport options'
7. enable encryption (for your security) and enter your preferred password.
(notice that your airport icon at top right hand toolbar changes to an arrow pointing upwards.

over at my iBook,

I just go to the airport icon at top right hand toolbar, select my macbook computer name and can use internet after i enter the correct password.

In this way, I eliminate the need of having a wireless router or airport base station at home. The only disadvantage is that for my ibook to be able to surf net (via macbook), the macbook must be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.