Nokia 7650 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qhelix

Ok, now that the Nokia 7650 has finally been released in Singapore, is anyone gonne buy it the next few days? I've been waiting in anticipation for this phone, but now that it's out my excitment has died somewhat. Just wondering if any of you have any views on this phone.

Something worth taking note is it seems to use the same battery as the 8310 according to the Singtelshop website...if that's the case I wonder how long the battery will last, but then again it's good news for me cos I have 5 of those Nokia batteries!

Originally posted by qhelix
5 of those Nokia batteries!
five?!?!? what the heck are you doing with 5???

anyway i saw someone carrying it around. looks quite bulky actually, bigger than the 3310/3330, and squarish. better check it out in person b4 u get too excited. but it was just a glimpse over a shoulder so i might be wrong... personally i'm waiting for the 6610 or 7610... :D

Heard of Samsung S100 or the V100?
How about the Sagem my X-5?

Samsung S100 - Java (J2ME) enabled
Samsung V100 - No Java, but MPEG4 capable!

Sagem my X-5 - HiFi Ringtones (Available in Singapore already but export model. Check out in www.jbronline.com)

Might be waiting for the S100 model.

Originally posted by qhelix
Ok, now that the Nokia 7650 has finally been released in Singapore, is anyone gonne buy it the next few days? I've been waiting in anticipation for this phone, but now that it's out my excitment has died somewhat. Just wondering if any of you have any views on this phone.

Something worth taking note is it seems to use the same battery as the 8310 according to the Singtelshop website...if that's the case I wonder how long the battery will last, but then again it's good news for me cos I have 5 of those Nokia batteries!

how much is it??

Originally posted by maddog

how much is it??
Here's the website:
http://www.singtelshop.com/store/product/mobile_view.asp?productid={15AB921E-67F9-4C51-8868-548381926557}

As for a previous question as to why I have 5 batteries, it was because during BMT I bought an additional 2 batteries to last me a week, so I had 3. Then I bought another phone and that came with 1 free battery (not the one that already comes with the package), so now I have 5!
:)

Originally posted by Belle&Sebastain
dun you charge your batteries at all in camp?
In BMT we can't use the charger, electricity is like damn precious to them...

wait a minute, yes, i do charge my phones during BMT, well rules differs between officers and company:dunno:

I first saw the 7650 about a month back... The screen's quite nice... then it hit me. "Wow, I can use it to hammer someone's head in..."

Originally posted by Richard
I first saw the 7650 about a month back... The screen's quite nice... then it hit me. "Wow, I can use it to hammer someone's head in..."
hehhehahaaa.....
yeah yeah..

the size of it.... but wonder... will it come out in one piece after that?

Had been using the nokia 7650 for about 1 month for some trial with a software company in conjuction with M1. I've stuck to my old siemens s45 :D, although I have a option to buy the nokia 7650 at a cheaper price. It is just too bulky to be used as a regular phone, of course having to pull out the keyboard to sms and phone is quite troublesome. It has the cool wow factor, when you first bring to office, but after some use I find it not suitable for my needs. It can neither double up as a PDA or a small handphone, so to me it is neither here nor there.

For almost the same amount of money(depending on the plan you sign of course) and if you want a PDA/phone combo replacement, I would recommend you look at the O2 XDA that has recently been launched with Starhub, it's a Pocket PC and Handphone combo, definitely way cool. I've handled it and the form factor feels and looks good, although I would say it is not something you want to bring out if you are out clubbing because it is still big, unless you want to show it off :D Of course if you are now downloading email to your PDA via the mobile phone, it is definitely worth a second look.

Originally posted by joyfulcity
Had been using the nokia 7650 for about 1 month for some trial with a software company in conjuction with M1. I've stuck to my old siemens s45 :D, although I have a option to buy the nokia 7650 at a cheaper price. It is just too bulky to be used as a regular phone, of course having to pull out the keyboard to sms and phone is quite troublesome. It has the cool wow factor, when you first bring to office, but after some use I find it not suitable for my needs. It can neither double up as a PDA or a small handphone, so to me it is neither here nor there.

For almost the same amount of money(depending on the plan you sign of course) and if you want a PDA/phone combo replacement, I would recommend you look at the O2 XDA that has recently been launched with Starhub, it's a Pocket PC and Handphone combo, definitely way cool. I've handled it and the form factor feels and looks good, although I would say it is not something you want to bring out if you are out clubbing because it is still big, unless you want to show it off :D Of course if you are now downloading email to your PDA via the mobile phone, it is definitely worth a second look.

The O2 XDA has two major things going against it.

a) 32mb. Sounds huge? Not really. It's actually really equivialent to 2-4mb on a Palm OS machine. Which doesn't come out to a lot.

b) There's been quite a bit of complaints about battery life. As with all hybrid devices... if you use a lot of the phone, or the pda... you'll probably need to charge it every few hours, or at best, every day.

Originally posted by Richard

The O2 XDA has two major things going against it.

a) 32mb. Sounds huge? Not really. It's actually really equivialent to 2-4mb on a Palm OS machine. Which doesn't come out to a lot.

b) There's been quite a bit of complaints about battery life. As with all hybrid devices... if you use a lot of the phone, or the pda... you'll probably need to charge it every few hours, or at best, every day.

i use pocket pc everyday and they have serious battery life problems. and the backup battery keeps running out. If u want a pda get Palm. If u want a phone get a nokia or erricsson. the 2 will cost u 800-900 bucks.

Sometimes I find the integration of the PDA and handphone idea is not a very good idea at all. True that you can have a all-in-one device, wireless web access, email, remote access and stuff like that. But when you think of it, it is a brick of a handphone to carry around and to use. Unless you use handsfree all the time, their size are just too big for our pockets.

Furthermore, if there is something wrong with it and you have to send it for service, you will be without a PDA and a handphone at the same time.

Originally posted by maddog

i use pocket pc everyday and they have serious battery life problems. and the backup battery keeps running out. If u want a pda get Palm. If u want a phone get a nokia or erricsson. the 2 will cost u 800-900 bucks.

Uh, about the PocketPCs having battery problems, that's quite a fallacy. The latest ones (iPAQ 3800 & 3900 Series, Toshibas) have battery lives rivalling some of the high end Palms (m515, Clie 665, NR70 Series).

Anyone can post the images taken from this 7610? i would like to see the quality

Status
Not open for further replies.