Nokia 6280

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
jus wan to see anyone here bought this phone ....

saw M1 Bugis a lot of people.. mostly got a $65 voucher in the hand..

Yesterday I was at a M1 shop and was browsing thru phones as I'm thinking of getting a new phone. I was testingout the N66280 and to me, camera and video cam functions and quality is improtant to me.

So I tried to capture a video. When I'm capturing, the screen looks clear with the images, but when I replay the video, it was very pixelated. I asked the promoter isit because of some settings need to be changed or what.., soshe asked another m1 guy. He said it was due to the lighting of the shop.

I almost believe it, but my friend took out her N70 and video-ed away. When we replay the video, it was so clear.... compared to the video in 6280.

I really wonder. Hmmmm...

+evenstar said:
dun mind if it OT:

i'm thinking of getting an N70, but is it true that sound quality (calls) isn't very clear? I don't use GPRS or 3G BTW

what about the N91?

not sure if its true, i was told that n70 is lagging..

lil_princess said:
Yesterday I was at a M1 shop and was browsing thru phones as I'm thinking of getting a new phone. I was testingout the N66280 and to me, camera and video cam functions and quality is improtant to me.

So I tried to capture a video. When I'm capturing, the screen looks clear with the images, but when I replay the video, it was very pixelated. I asked the promoter isit because of some settings need to be changed or what.., soshe asked another m1 guy. He said it was due to the lighting of the shop.

I almost believe it, but my friend took out her N70 and video-ed away. When we replay the video, it was so clear.... compared to the video in 6280.

hmm.. i try it out and let u know princess...

k3nn3th03 said:
not sure if its true, i was told that n70 is lagging..
they say 2nd batch of N70 is better than 1st batch.
My fren's hp is 1st batch one. Sent for repairs twice within 3mths of ownership. The sound got distorted, lagging not really. I played ard with it and I think the picture quality is good, but the VGA cam quality is not good.. But what can you expect from a VGA right? ;)

lil_princess said:
they say 2nd batch of N70 is better than 1st batch.
My fren's hp is 1st batch one. Sent for repairs twice within 3mths of ownership. The sound got distorted, lagging not really. I played ard with it and I think the picture quality is good, but the VGA cam quality is not good.. But what can you expect from a VGA right? ;)

Oh... 2nd batch means the firmware version is already 3.0546.2.3 when you buy it. That is all those on the market now. The first batch is those that are bought last yr that have the firmware 2.0356.0.2. But the earlier ones can upgrade to newer firmware at Nokia Service Centre, F.O.C.

not sure if is like that... but find something 'good'...

*try toking to other parties, using loud speaker cos driving.. other parties say my voice sometime clear sometime feel distance..
* tone is like for ANTS to hear, esp msg tone.. not loud enough.. would try some other louder tone and reply again..
* flimsy.. unlike D500 or 6111..

for princess... video is ok (to me).. maybe the one u try, setting incorrect.. i put mine in middle.. seems ok..

the above description is for my set...

anyone who have bought the phone, could u PM me pls.. need more feedback..

other than that.. the hp is great.. hehe..

I just got mine 2 days ago and here's my biggest (and only) complaint...

The fully charged battery only lasts me for a day before it goes down to 1 bar! And I did not even use it to the max yet. In 2 days, I clocked only a total of about 2 hrs of talk time only. This is about 1 hr of talk time a day and at the end of each day, it's down to 1 bar of battery life. :angry:

According to the specs, this model is supposed to last 240 hrs of standby time and 4 hrs of talk time...

Does anyone have the same problem as I do?

The 62** series is more of a designer phone with very basic features.. The prices are also relatively cheap for these phones.. I'm guessing a N70 still costs more than the 6280?

lil_princess said:

a review after a COE ( one-to-one exchange )

a total of 2 sets have been brought out.. on the same nite, within ah hour, inside the shop, i did 2 times exchange.. there seems to be problem (or pro i am SUEY ) both set that i exchange got problem.

but after consulting the store manager, i took his advise and test for few days..

ONE MAIN COMPLAIN from me, the speaker is still VERY SOFT... VIBRATION is not strong enough..

compare to the very 1st set.. the one i have is good.. not flimsy anymore..

batt, is ok.. since i change from wed, charged full to thur nite, till now, it at 3/4 to 2/4 bar.. been msg, calling, voice/video-call,etc...

good luck guys...

superfly said:
I just got mine 2 days ago and here's my biggest (and only) complaint...

The fully charged battery only lasts me for a day before it goes down to 1 bar! And I did not even use it to the max yet. In 2 days, I clocked only a total of about 2 hrs of talk time only. This is about 1 hr of talk time a day and at the end of each day, it's down to 1 bar of battery life. :angry:

According to the specs, this model is supposed to last 240 hrs of standby time and 4 hrs of talk time...

Does anyone have the same problem as I do?

i think its ur batt problem... go back, to exchange.. within 7 days...

Initially I thought of getting Nokia 6280 as it has the features I want ( Infrared, Bluetooth, Radio and MP3) but later on I realised that N70 would be better becos 6280 is so called sliding phone.

Anyway, I read on Nokia website, it said nokia 6280 would be launched in 4th Quater of 2005 and I waited ( even though I am not buying 6280 now)....

The way i think is, maybe not so many people buying 6111 so Nokia got to delay the launching for nokia 6280

+evenstar said:
what was your first charge time? it should be aroudn 8-10 hours

Yea, I did that. But still end up like dat. :dunno:

+evenstar said:
what was your first charge time? it should be aroudn 8-10 hours

i was told to charge 12 hr the 1st time..

Status
Not open for further replies.