Nokia 6100

Status
Not open for further replies.
6610 - $658 nett
N6100 - $728 nett
all prices with no contract, 100% new set with Nokia Warranty.

MOBILE SQUARE
#B1-69, United Square
Tel: 62595 733
HP: 9145 7500
email: csschong@singnet.com.sg

this is wat i got lor
last time i ask

maybe u drop by AMK thei is alot of good deals there

Can this phone be used in the US?

Originally posted by FLiNcHY
Can this phone be used in the US?

Yes. As long the area has GSM1900 signals. Many parts of USA are still not equipped with GSM1900 infrastructure, but relying on older systems such as AMPS and TDMA.

Originally posted by yusry

Yes. As long the area has GSM1900 signals. Many parts of USA are still not equipped with GSM1900 infrastructure, but relying on older systems such as AMPS and TDMA.
i'm at a complete blur when talking abt these systems
haha

So only GSM 1900 signals can be used for this phone? The other old systems will not be able to be used on the phone?

keep waiting, newer models will just keep pumping out

just buy what u think is best lah

Actually, it is really very simple... if you still remember what is PCN, which SingTel Mobile used to name the GSM 1800 network... And the common mentioned GSM is referring to the GSM 900 network... Any Tri-Band digital mobile phone would be equipped with not only GSM 900 & GSM 1800, but also GSM 1900 network too.

To give you a better picture, SingTel Mobile run GSM 900 & GSM 1800, while M1 run only the GSM 900 and StarHub run only the GSM 1800.

And in US, as long as they are still running on the AMPS or TDMA, then the GSM 1900 is useless over there...

i'm at a complete blur when talking abt these systems
haha

So only GSM 1900 signals can be used for this phone? The other old systems will not be able to be used on the phone?

Originally posted by ivor
Actually, it is really very simple... if you still remember what is PCN, which SingTel Mobile used to name the GSM 1800 network... And the common mentioned GSM is referring to the GSM 900 network... Any Tri-Band digital mobile phone would be equipped with not only GSM 900 & GSM 1800, but also GSM 1900 network too.

To give you a better picture, SingTel Mobile run GSM 900 & GSM 1800, while M1 run only the GSM 900 and StarHub run only the GSM 1800.

And in US, as long as they are still running on the AMPS or TDMA, then the GSM 1900 is useless over there...

ah ok, so if GSM 1900 is still useless in the US, how am i gonna use this phone there

Hope Atlanta Georgia has advanced far enough eh?:p

Love this phone

Unless, one is a frequent traveller to US, or countries that support GSM 1900, otherwise, Tri-Band is pretty a gimmick by mobile company to sell their phones.

Alternative, if one has a GSM 1900 within his/her home... hehehe... ;)

ah ok, so if GSM 1900 is still useless in the US, how am i gonna use this phone there

Hope Atlanta Georgia has advanced far enough eh?:p

Love this phone

Originally posted by ivor
Unless, one is a frequent traveller to US, or countries that support GSM 1900, otherwise, Tri-Band is pretty a gimmick by mobile company to sell their phones.

Alternative, if one has a GSM 1900 within his/her home... hehehe... ;)

so it would be better off if i just buy a phone in the US straight?

sian...the phones there damn crap and so ex

You sound like a frequent traveller to US...?? Actually, you can do a rental of a mobile phone from the airport.

so it would be better off if i just buy a phone in the US straight?

sian...the phones there damn crap and so ex

no i dont travel frequently

i'm just going there to study
Got accepted to The Georgia Institute of Technology recently
Thats in atlanta
so contamplating whether to get a triband phone here and bring there or just go there and buy

Yes ... u can actually get this phone at woodlands old interchange for the cheapest price i can find so far of $700 NETT... W/O LINE
The shop is just below the hawker centre second row fifth shop....
good luck hunting.... its really a good phone ...
i even infra all my favourite pics into it...
as a screen saver

Wah.. you guys are too rich already lah... :D Me now struggling with my finances and you all happy happy buy new phone..... :D

actually the 1900 network is USA is quite extensive. covers almost all big cities and growing. If you are travelling to USA and wants to bring a phone along, either buy a tri-band phone or rent one from your telco. As far as I know, all 3 telcos here have got roaming agreement with the telcos in the states and coverage is pretty good.

up to now, only korea and japan uses different systems. If you're travelling there and need to be contacted, you need to rent a handset from your telco.

do pm me if you need specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.