NoiseNija or NeatImage

Status
Not open for further replies.

konadude

Jan 3, 2006
Am thinking to getting either the NoiseNinja or NeatImage to reduce noise/grain in my pix.

Can experienced users advice on which is a better s/w please?:think:

konadude said:
Am thinking to getting either the NoiseNinja or NeatImage to reduce noise/grain in my pix.

Can experienced users advice on which is a better s/w please?:think:

Try the free Helicon Noisefilter first and see if you like it.

forward said:
Try the free Helicon Noisefilter first and see if you like it.

Thanx! Will trawl the net and check them out too...;)

IMO I find Neatimage more user friendly and quite fast too as compared to Noise Ninja

Hitman said:
Have a look at Noiseware too. :)

http://www.imagenomic.com/

Wow, just downloaded this software and done it on a few pictures - works wonders man - really rocks and rolls. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The few portraits that I did a month ago sucks becos I forgot to switch the ISO back to 200 from 400 - got very smooth face after removing the noise!

Might even wanna to pay for the standard version too in the near future. Many thanks to you Hitman.

so good? i using neat image cause can batch process.

smallaperture said:
Wow, just downloaded this software and done it on a few pictures - works wonders man - really rocks and rolls. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The few portraits that I did a month ago sucks becos I forgot to switch the ISO back to 200 from 400 - got very smooth face after removing the noise!

Might even wanna to pay for the standard version too in the near future. Many thanks to you Hitman.
No need to thank me :) just sharing something that works for me.

I like Noiseware for it's speed, simplicity and also ability to choose the type of noise reduction to be applied. :cool:

Just wonder why PS CS doesn't offer any good or almost as good noise reduction filter as an industry standard "Big Brother" software. IMO, noise reduction is a big problem in many digicams and often a problem with dSLR as well when we go for higher ISO.

But of course, after the filter, we loose some fine details like skin texture, but sharpness for most purposes is down slightly only. Depending on what one look for, sometimes, smoother skin texture could be flattering to some.

I like Neat Image cause its fast and easy. user-friendly too :D

I uses neatimage because it is the cheapest software that can

1) run as a plugin in MAC CS2 and supports actions so can be inserted in CS2 scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.