Noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myst

Aug 11, 2003
Does pushing a film creates more noise? or putting it under heat and all that? cause i wanna make that effect on my film, but no idea how..

Yes, pushing a film will cause it to be grainier.:)
Myst said:
Does pushing a film creates more noise? or putting it under heat and all that? cause i wanna make that effect on my film, but no idea how..

Myst said:

noise make me wanna think of digital .... but if grain is what you want, then yes pushing will do the trick...
what kinda film you using? colour neg, b/w, colour slides?
some films are already very grainy so you could try those... for eg kodak max 400 is a cheap grainy colour negative

uhm.. always thought kodak is good? thought their film was the best amuture film that you can get? uhm.. i usually use fuji cause its cheaper.. kodak when i need reds... and xp2 for b/w...

actually i prefer fuji because its less grainy... cheaper maybe... i use superia 200 and 400 mostly. velvia and provia for colour slides... fuji reala is great but more expensive colour negative.

Myst said:
uhm.. always thought kodak is good? thought their film was the best amuture film that you can get? uhm.. i usually use fuji cause its cheaper.. kodak when i need reds... and xp2 for b/w...

No one said that Kodak is lousy just that its grainier than Fuji. Some people like grain. Some don't. So its just a personal preference.

oops! did i mislead anyone? sorry...kodak is not lousy. just that one of their cheaper film is grainy. good for some bad for some.

showtime said:
oops! did i mislead anyone? sorry...kodak is not lousy. just that one of their cheaper film is grainy. good for some bad for some.

I get either kodak or fuji, never konica or agfa... biasnesss i guess :D

uhm.. maybe too long never buy film.. but kodak == cheap? uhm.. used to be it was the most exp of them all.. agfa and knoica... i dun really like also.. konica colours always seeem abit faded to me.. of course.. this was quite a while back.. think every1 improved alot...

Myst said:
uhm.. maybe too long never buy film.. but kodak == cheap? uhm.. used to be it was the most exp of them all.. agfa and knoica... i dun really like also.. konica colours always seeem abit faded to me.. of course.. this was quite a while back.. think every1 improved alot...

Depends on where you buy it of cos. Think Kodak Max 400 will cost you $6+ at most photo shops and u can get it at $3 at other places.

uhm.. okok.. which 1? abc ar? :p dunno ar.. long time no buy liaoz.. but thanx for the info. :)

more like going broke... lol no lar.. army, gf.. studies... work.. too many commitments.. so some things lapsed.. got do some photography but not much.. and all of my ex.. so... starting to pick up again/..

Status
Not open for further replies.