Noise Singapore: Anyone interested in a 10-week professional apprenticeship?

melvintang

Apr 22, 2009
Posting on behalf of Noise Singapore:

This could be your big break! One of the most sought after Noise Singapore programmes each year, The Apprenticeship Programme (TAP) has helped dozens of talented young photographers through the personal guidance and mentorship by some of Singapore’s biggest names in photography. Now, you too can undergo a 10-week personal mentorship under these luminaries, and gain a leg-up into the creative industries.

Besides the amazing opportunity to learn first-hand from these industry veterans’ experiences, you’ll also get the rare chance to be a part of real-life industry projects, and even network with other prominent names. What’s more, apprentices will produce one creative project under the personal guidance of their mentors to be exhibited at the Noise Festival Showcase in Feb 2011.

Applications period: 12 July 2010 – 27 Aug 2010
More info: Visit http://noisesingapore.com/page/tap2011/ for a full list of mentors and application details

Seems this year will be slightly different, as TAP isn't just a good opportunity for aspiring professional photographers anymore, but also for casual ones who just want to improve their skills too.

Deadline for application is changed to 29 Aug. Stop hesitating and submit your application to be mentored by Singapore's best in art & design, photography and music.

i was a photo apprentice last year, under sha ying. definitely an enriching experience, highly recommended for any budding photogs! ^^

what level of commitment would this require? full-time for 10 weeks?

Hi dreamvyse! Arrangements can be made with the mentors. Session duration and frequency will differ for each mentor.

The description puts it as "attracting talented young people". Is there an age requirement in application, because I can't find any info on this in the website.

page not found..

need help here..

Page is available. Alternatively, go to main page and follow the menu item 'TAP'...

thanks.. i think its my com problem..
i can go to the website using my phone..

haha..but ..i cant join..haha.

Hi ahbian. Apologies for the late reply. As long as you are below the age of 35, you are welcome to join. =)

i was a photo apprentice last year, under sha ying. definitely an enriching experience, highly recommended for any budding photogs! ^^

lol. yo. i was under him also haha but i had something on so i rejected it in the end