Noise Reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaGixShOe

Apr 16, 2002
magixshoe.clubsnap.org
any software to do that if my cam doesnt have the feature?

remove the noise due to high iso levels

Personally I use Photoshop's Smart Blur function to get rid of some of the noise, although I'm not sure whether there's a better way to do it.

Erm...off hand I don't have a noisy picture with me. Maybe you can post one somewhere and I'll see what I can do with it?

Originally posted by qhelix
Erm...off hand I don't have a noisy picture with me. Maybe you can post one somewhere and I'll see what I can do with it?
u mean i just take one with high iso levels and post it here?

Yup

If I'm not wrong the Hotpix applet and BlackframeNR only removes hot pixels, not noise.

yah i am using that and it removes most of the hot pixels generated by my c-2100uz
but for noise...........
anyone help?

Actually there's a program called Neat Image.

http://www.neatimage.com/

It's a really great program, but the demo version only lets you save in .bmp format, so usually I just convert the BMP pic back into a JPG format and the quality is still excellent.

Not really...umm...I'll try to explain how to use it
1. Load the picture.

2. From the picture, just select a flat surface that shows a lot of noise eg. wall, ceiling, anything that's suppose to be just one colour. Try to make that selection as big as possible.

3. Click on the Blue Ruler on the right panel.

4. Click on the PLAY button on the top left hand corner.

5. Wait for the program to finish processing the image and that's it!

To convert BMP to JPG, most image editing programs can do that. Just open the BMP file, click File -> Save As.

A box should appear asking for filename and extension, just make sure you select JPG for the extension then click SAVE. That's about it.

Lemme know if there's anything you need me to clarify.

oh thnx
but when i play with it yesterday, the .bmp photo like got artifacts when zoomed in leh

Maybe you can send me the pic and I'll see whether I can fix it? Unless of course it's some personal thing then err....I dunno?

the artifact is something like that

error.jpg

Here's a sample of what Neat Image did for me.
aah.jpg

From here, I guess you can see artifacts as well, but personally I think when you look at the whole picture it's not noticable, or at least it's much better than the noise IMHO

Or if you're willing to go that extra step you can use photoshop's smart blur to get this:
aai.jpg

What I did was use Neat Image first, then apply smart blur to fine tune the pic, although it may make the picture look a little more soft.

how to apply the soft blur?
or i heard about the gaussian blur or something like that
where issit found?

Status
Not open for further replies.