AngelZhou

Jul 12, 2005
HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
NO__
post-12-1134752558.jpg

__IR
post-12-1134098577.jpg

As usual, constructive comments & feedbacks ALL ARE WELCOME! :lovegrin:

PS. Someone who meet 'us' today, yes, this is the one i'm talking about.

got potential... but if only can see either face or full body, will be much better.

mattlock said:
I RECOGNISE THOSE PANTS!
and the girl too

Happen to be a very funny story.

I was standing in front of elevator door and happen to saw a poster on the wall. A publication regarding a dance performance. Very nicely and beautifully done. I juz keep on looking at it until I missed my elevator ride lol

Not so long ago after that 'accident', I asked a gal to pose for me. She asked me, "What should I wear?" I suggest her to wear black, blue, or white because that's simply my three favourite colours. And I guess rest of the story you know already ;p

I'm not sure what is the object of the 2 photos. Can't quite see face so not portrait, can't quite make out posture not sure if dance or fashion.

kingpin said:
I'm not sure what is the object of the 2 photos. Can't quite see face so not portrait, can't quite make out posture not sure if dance or fashion.

more to dance actually.

tiong78 said:
personallyi feel that some movement/blur would be better.

I agree with this.

The images seems too static.

student said:
I agree with this.

The images seems too static.

I C. Thanks for the feedback. Will try that next time. Actually when i did this i just want to 'freeze' the stuff.

AngelZhou said:
I C. Thanks for the feedback. Will try that next time. Actually when i did this i just want to 'freeze' the stuff.

imho i think conveying motion through freezing a dance has much more effect than conveying the movement of a dance through all those slow shutter stuff.

it's not always about motion blurs trails whatever per se, bu really about conveying of the message...

and to the pics.. i don't like the first one, i like the second one. it's emotive. maybe toning instead of pure b&w will work better... and maybe more contrast and more grain.

sequitur said:
imho i think conveying motion through freezing a dance has much more effect than conveying the movement of a dance through all those slow shutter stuff.

it's not always about motion blurs trails whatever per se, bu really about conveying of the message...

and to the pics.. i don't like the first one, i like the second one. it's emotive. maybe toning instead of pure b&w will work better... and maybe more contrast and more grain.

Perhaps not just "feesing" or "motion blur", but the "energy" of movement.

sequitur said:

did try colour before, but somehow prefer black n white. Maybe because i see more in black and white.

Second is my favourite as well.

another two angle from the first pose.

Simply like all three however I dont like to post similar pose, so just pick one of them.

NO__ #2
post-12-1134098327.jpg

I like #3 most
nice composition, and the closed eyes make it more dramatics..like flying

hey angel
the poses may be too tight
but what i'm more interested in asking if what's your intention when taking dance pictures, what are you interested in conveying when you use dance in photography, and what are you interested in conveying through freezing motion

NO__#1

Gives me this feeling like she's trying to spin from right to left, like spinning a little hop. Graceful movement, except the hair portion on the top right hand corner. Cant see the flowing hair which would enhance the flow n feeling i guess :sweat:
Looks abit wierd to me, coz the dress looks grainy whereas the rest of the photo is clear n smooth, perhaps this is your desired effect? It doesnt look apparent unlike in _IR.

__IR

This one looks nice, looks like she's doing a back flip n u positioned your camera to make it look like she's somersaulting? The grainy texture of the skirt is very obvious in this shot.

All the pics looks very nice :) but IR looks special as compared to the rest hehe

Just my 2 cents worth :)

mattlock said:
hey angel
the poses may be too tight
but what i'm more interested in asking if what's your intention when taking dance pictures, what are you interested in conveying when you use dance in photography, and what are you interested in conveying through freezing motion

thanks mattlock.

what's my intention? Actually I make this series as opposition from my ballerina series. In ballerina i want to show gracefullness in traditional ballet. Here I want to show something more like a spirit of contemporary dance.

Why i prefer to freeze, cuz it gives me more to the feeling of 'freezing the dance'

AngelZhou said:
thanks mattlock.

what's my intention? Actually I make this series as opposition from my ballerina series. In ballerina i want to show gracefullness in traditional ballet. Here I want to show something more like a spirit of contemporary dance.

Why i prefer to freeze, cuz it gives me more to the feeling of 'freezing the dance'

do you have an understanding of what the spirit of contemporary dance is?

Status
Not open for further replies.