no words

Status
Not open for further replies.

patch17

Jun 30, 2003
here and there
holga neg 03-test.jpg

Heavy vignetting, flare, no eye contact, slanted horizon, blown sky, dirty negative, ... sorry, i don't quite get this one... pinhole camera???

ST1100 said:
Heavy vignetting, flare, no eye contact, slanted horizon, blown sky, dirty negative, ... sorry, i don't quite get this one... pinhole camera???
this is a lomo cam...it has all the defects to make a pict look old.

ST1100 said:

holga 120S.

shot from the slope, was losing my footing and starting to slide down.

no offence, but this thread gave me an idea to toy with..

i'm gonna try to create the most technically wrong photo that i can come up with...

Clown said:

i'm gonna try to create the most technically wrong photo that i can come up with...

which is quite easy..dont mount lens, dont load film...but that will give u a blank picture only..hehe =)

Clown said:

no worries. :D

feel free to try. in my book, technically wrong doesn't necessarily mean a bad photo.

Oh, i just noticed that it's the negative that's slanted, not the picture. The horizontal wall in the background is actually quite parallel to the negative's top and bottom edges.

And that the 'flare spot' in the picture is possibly not a flare spot but a scanning artifect, bcoz the flare spot actually extends outside the picture area in the negative.

But technicals aside, i'm still don't quite 'understand' the pic.

Clown said:

It's very easy to take 'technically wrong' photos. It's very hard to take technically wrong photos that turn out very good.

ST1100 said:
And that the 'flare spot' in the picture is possibly not a flare spot but a scanning artifect, bcoz the flare spot actually extends outside the picture area in the negative.
if it's a Holga, it's probably not a flare spot or scanning artifect. it's more likely a light leak from the camera, which exposes part of the film. ;)

Larry said:
if it's a Holga, it's probably not a flare spot or scanning artifect. it's more likely a light leak from the camera, which exposes part of the film. ;)

yup, that's correct. this light leak is in every picture from the roll.

i like your idea of using parts of the film to actually frame up the picture!
it gives it a different touch...
nothing right or wrong about this picture, but definitely stands out :thumbsup:

here's another one where i scanned the negative and inverted it with PS. the picture in the contact print for this negative came out way under exposed, it was practically all black, as the guy was sleeping in the shade.

holga neg 01-test.jpg

but by using this method, i'm able to get a picture that's interesting and printable, in my humble opinion. :D

Cool. Just cool. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.