No Upgrading of firmware for Olympus C2040?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

janzguy

I went down to Olympus Centre at River Valley Pt Tower (near Great World City) and was told that there isn't any upgrading of firmware for this camera.

How could this be?? Did I go to the wrong place?

Make a wasted trip...

You shld have said fix hotpixel problem.

Actually they only patch not upgrade.. the firmware if you camera has obvious hotpixel problem

Originally posted by Klause
You shld have said fix hotpixel problem.

Actually they only patch not upgrade.. the firmware if you camera has obvious hotpixel problem

Yah..I've mentioned that.

you should not say upgrading of firmware, but complaint of lots of hot pixel and noise. and they will upgrade it for you.

In the 1st place, is that the correct centre to send my camera to?

yes

Hmmm....what did u all actually tell them when u bring your camera there?

Just say that you want to fix hotpixel problems?

Originally posted by janzguy
Hmmm....what did u all actually tell them when u bring your camera there?

Just say that you want to fix hotpixel problems?

I juz go make make helluva noise saying how come my brand new DC has so much 'snow flakes' and 'bright spots'!!!! :D

They'll automatically know what to do....remap the hot pixels from the CCD + update to the NR firmware.

If say upgrade firmware onli they won't bother cos that's not a defect.

Originally posted by Jayan

I juz go make make helluva noise saying how come my brand new DC has so much 'snow flakes' and 'bright spots'!!!! :D

They'll automatically know what to do....remap the hot pixels from the CCD + update to the NR firmware.

If say upgrade firmware onli they won't bother cos that's not a defect.

But my camera was checked and they said there wasn't anything wrong with it...and personally i don't experience a lot of hot pixels...

But my camera was checked and they said there wasn't anything wrong with it...and personally i don't experience a lot of hot pixels...

If you dun experience a lot of hotpixel, then don't upgrade lar

If it ain't brokn don't fix it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.