No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soma

Aug 13, 2005
Local
Would you give up you high post job or business that suck up all your energy and time for a simple life with low pay that give you more free time?

what is $$ when u dun even have time to spend it ?

i will settle for a less paying job and start living !

I also belong to that category, especially noticing just how much stress is taking a toil on my health. I would rather earn less, have more rest, and live longer and happier. ;)

i born to slog... so i got no choice... even getting married also no time to plan, no time to go honey moon kind... even b4 hand to all my spouse candidates, i tell them if ever they going to bear me a child, i dun think i have time to bring them for checkup unless they provide services at night or weekend... and i dun think i can even commit myself to stay by their side during labour...

and actually i am getting a far lesser pay i am suppose to have... and the very fact of mismanagement from my 'superior' makes me even have no time to do anything... and they still do not wanna change their style... really feel like just closing all the companies, den i go work for others...

For those who slogs are preparing to enjoy life in the future???:think:

Why not now???:confused:

If I am in Business or is in a high post Definately wun suck up all my energy lah.... I will use my lifeskills learnt in SAF... called Arrow.... then I enjoy my life...:bsmilie:

tt the reason Y I can post this and browse the forum now:sweatsm: :sweatsm:

a possible outcome of this decision is that one may end up with more time and energy but no $$. wants a new lens or camera, no $$ again.

Depends on which stage of your lives you are asking this question. If I have no commitment yet, I would work like hell. If I got family, I would want to mellow down and spend more time with my wife and kids. Though more responsibilities you may say, nothing is impossible..

Hi all,
A very interesting topic and I would like to share my views on this....

I think it all boils down to your expectations in life. To some, career comes before anything, so they are prepared to work very hard, until the day their health takes a toil on them.

To others, they lead a simple life, getting the necessities, staying in a flat, take public transport, enjoying simple meals etc.

I guess in Asian culture, most of us have the tendancy to impress others with what we have. From the time you started schooling, you must aim for the best primary school, secondary schools etc.

When you enter the workforce, you must strive for the respectable jobs, eg finance sector, law, medical etc.

When friends meet, the usual question they ask is where are you working, staying, what car you drive etc.

When wives meet, they compare what their husbands do....

I am also caught up in all these, hence I am also trying to sit back, think about what I have been doing all these years, and whether is it worth putting in so much into your career at the expense of spending time with your family. It is easier said than done, especially if you have already put in much efforts to get where you are today. But sometimes, I think it is better to stop and reflect rather than to go blindly in what you are doing.

"Life's a journey, but sometimes, it is better to slow down or even stop to smell the roses along the way rather than running blindly towards your final destination. When you reach there, you may find that all that you have given up or sacrificed is not worth it after all"

Michael

soma said:
Would you give up you high post job or business that suck up all your energy and time for a simple life with low pay that give you more free time?
I will go for a high paying job, earn as much, suck out my energy.
And when I have 100 peanuts in reserve, I'll retire, take on a low paying job with little stress! :)

PEANUT EXCHANGE RATE TODAY
1 peanut = S$600,000 = USD$355,829.69

I have done just that - tomorrow is my first day of freedom :)

I don't need a high post job/business.

All I need is to earn enough to support my family and to fund my hobby. And of course, the time to enjoy the both of them.

On average,
we studied hard for the 1st 20 years,
we worked hard for the 2nd 20 years,
we saved hard for the 3rd 20 years,
hopefully we have a little saving to survive the last 20 years...

that is why I buy BIG SWEEP every month.

So that I can take a part time job and spend my time with my family/hobby.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i born to slog... so i got no choice... even getting married also no time to plan, no time to go honey moon kind... even b4 hand to all my spouse candidates, i tell them if ever they going to bear me a child, i dun think i have time to bring them for checkup unless they provide services at night or weekend... and i dun think i can even commit myself to stay by their side during labour...

and actually i am getting a far lesser pay i am suppose to have... and the very fact of mismanagement from my 'superior' makes me even have no time to do anything... and they still do not wanna change their style... really feel like just closing all the companies, den i go work for others...

yeah i know your situation.......poor thing! who ask you to be the youngest in the family....:bsmilie:

kevyan said:
I don't need a high post job/business.

All I need is to earn enough to support my family and to fund my hobby. And of course, the time to enjoy the both of them.

Technology advances. Things get more expensive. Value of money becomes lower each year.

The best is never be satisfy when you are working in Singapore. If you are, then you are in a lot of trouble.

Children education gets more and more ex each year.....and blah blah so on...I think you get my point.

Just like ortega said, buy TOTO (Duo Duo in mandarin):bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.