"No Time to research" advice needed for buying dry cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Working at suntec, need a budget dry cabinet but got no time to research.
Got any recommendation?

I just need to store 2 camera and 2 lens at most.
Dun need too big at this moment.
I need something user friendly.

Budget $100+ but try to meet below $100.

Also... wats the month costs of running the dry cabinet?

Thanks a million!

For 2 bodies + 2 lenses, the DB-036 30L Digi-Cabi should suffice:
http://www.digihub.com.sg/ProductList.aspx?Bg=2&ProductID=110

If I'm not wrong, retails for $109 + 5 yr warranty at many places such as M S Color, John 3:16, TK Foto, even Carrefour. Very good value in my opinion. If you're lucky you can pick up one of these from the Buy/Sell section for $20-$30 less.

It's pretty much plug-and-play, just that you need to do some trial and error to find the sweet spot for the humidity dial; give it around 8 hours to stabilise before loading your eqpmt in.

Monthly cost.... Not too sure about that. Its power consumption is rated 5W, sounds low to me. As for size, it's about W30cm x D30cm x H45cm

Hope this helps.

For 2 bodies + 2 lenses, the DB-036 30L Digi-Cabi should suffice:
http://www.digihub.com.sg/ProductList.aspx?Bg=2&ProductID=110

If I'm not wrong, retails for $109 + 5 yr warranty at many places such as M S Color, John 3:16, TK Foto, even Carrefour. Very good value in my opinion. If you're lucky you can pick up one of these from the Buy/Sell section for $20-$30 less.

It's pretty much plug-and-play, just that you need to do some trial and error to find the sweet spot for the humidity dial; give it around 8 hours to stabilise before loading your eqpmt in.

Monthly cost.... Not too sure about that. Its power consumption is rated 5W, sounds low to me. As for size, it's about W30cm x D30cm x H45cm

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your reply. It is certainly useful.

And 5W is really insignificant.

Though $109 might seem a lot more expensive than those plastic cam box + silica gel/thirsty hippo setups, in the long run it is a lot less of a hassle and more peace of mind. No need to constantly monitor the status of silica gels/thirsty hippo. Plus the 5 year wty - :thumbsup:

But also note that if u end up buying a few more items, the 30L will hit the ceiling real soon.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.