No takers for that k-7 in B&S?

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
Hope I am not starting a controversial thread. No way am I related to the seller but at $1130 with a WR 18-55, that K-7 is such a steal! :bigeyes: Or am I outdated with the latest K-7 retail pricing? And there are not takers after so many days? Is everyone waiting for the new K-5? :dunno:

Hope I am not starting a controversial thread. No way am I related to the seller but at $1130 with a WR 18-55, that K-7 is such a steal! :bigeyes: Or am I outdated with the latest K-7 retail pricing? And there are not takers after so many days? Is everyone waiting for the new K-5? :dunno:

it is overpriced. for quick sale, the K7 should priced at $800. throwing in a kit lens is not worth the extra $330.

those who wanted K-7 already bought them long ago...

alternatively price cut to 1000 sure got ppl interested... thats how the world works if u want to sell 2nd, unless its something hard to get, else, even if u own it 1 day, sell too close to the original price, ppl might just want to buy brand new...

u also place ur K-7 at what $1234, if im buying i go for a brand new 1...:bsmilie:

Are u joking or serious? Even the k20d goes around $800.

those who wanted K-7 already bought them long ago...

alternatively price cut to 1000 sure got ppl interested... thats how the world works if u want to sell 2nd, unless its something hard to get, else, even if u own it 1 day, sell too close to the original price, ppl might just want to buy brand new...

u also place ur K-7 at what $1234, if im buying i go for a brand new 1...:bsmilie:
$1130 with a WR I would have jumped at it if I hadn't got mine. $1234 is test market. But also no offers. Not even low ballers....

$1130 with a WR I would have jumped at it if I hadn't got mine. $1234 is test market. But also no offers. Not even low ballers....

thats why, those who wanted it would have gotten it already... now u want to temp ppl, its has to be a drastic drop in price...

Are u joking or serious? Even the k20d goes around $800.

There is no way you can sell a K20D here in SG for $800 nowadays. You have to lower it to 700 or below I think :)

As to the K7 price at b&s forum right now, I think its price is reasonable. But since it's still a used camera. Not many people wants to spend more than 80% of a new digital camera's price for a used one I guess. It's a different story for used lenses though.

As flowerpot said above, K7 has been around for over 15months now, whoever wants one already got one, those new comers might either go for cheaper K-x or wait for the next offering from Pentax. K7 is still a great camera, at the current retail price, it's still a great deal.

But I agree w/ you, if I didn't have a K7, I probably would take the one at b&s now.

NOW, who wants my K7? Less than 1k, $999 only ;p Comes along w/ some freebies, and free lesson too ;)

Last edited:
And it doesnt help with the previous thread stating new cameras will be released soon. ;p

it is overpriced. for quick sale, the K7 should priced at $800.

I'll raise you to $808.

Just need to wait for K-5 or its replacement to come out first... ;p

As flowerpot said above, K7 has been around for over 15months now, whoever wants one already got one,

15 months already? My K10D feels middle age right now...

And it doesnt help with the previous thread stating new cameras will be released soon. ;p
I speculate the launch price of the k5 would be $1.8k. Thee is no better time to get a K-7 than now. <;

I'll raise you to $808.

Just need to wait for K-5 or its replacement to come out first... ;p

15 months already? My K10D feels middle age right now...
Nah, my k10d still have life in it too. In fact, I picked it over the k7 just ydae for a casual shoot. Ha.

Wow, suddenly all the good old and familiar forumers come out. Everybody has been lurking around but not may interesting threads to chat these days here.

I speculate the launch price of the k5 would be $1.8k. Thee is no better time to get a K-7 than now. <;

But what if the k5 has got some additional surprises that make it well worth $1.8k? ;p I guess most buyers would want to at least wait for the specs of the k5 to be released first before making a decision.

Ah Fei will offer $800... :bsmilie: thats him, else how he become boss...:bsmilie:

yo, thats not an offer, leng-chai. it is just that i am more a lens person. totally agreed with fw and your views. most k-7 fan already got theirs and ppl are not willg to fork out more for an existing body.

lastly, my concern now is not a new body but how to shoot at f32 at 0.05 sec.

Last edited:
yo, thats not an offer, leng-chai. it is just that i am more a lens person. totally agreed with fw and your views. most k-7 fan already got theirs and ppl are not willg to fork out more for an existing body.

lastly, my concern now is not a new body but how to shoot at f32 at 0.05 sec.

ya ya ya.. dunno who last time offer super low for dunno which lens...

1/20 ok wat... with tripod and the flash will freeze the action...

ya ya ya.. dunno who last time offer super low for dunno which lens...

1/20 ok wat... with tripod and the flash will freeze the action...

ya, wonder whom hor? :think:

But what if the k5 has got some additional surprises that make it well worth $1.8k? ;p I guess most buyers would want to at least wait for the specs of the k5 to be released first before making a decision.

I will still wait for the price to drop before I switch. i just got my K7 in March and I love the camera. I did not get it earlier as I had switched to a brand new K20D and then the K7 came out one month after I got it.

I don't think anyone here would sell their K7 at $800. That's only slightly cheaper than a brand new Kx. A more reasonable price would be $1100-$1200 for a 3months or newer K7 and maybe a little lesser for an older one. But again, buying and selling is about opportunity. Other times there may be people asking to buy a K7 and non available. :)

I don't think anyone here would sell their K7 at $800. That's only slightly cheaper than a brand new Kx. A more reasonable price would be $1100-$1200 for a 3months or newer K7 and maybe a little lesser for an older one. But again, buying and selling is about opportunity. Other times there may be people asking to buy a K7 and non available. :)

once the k7 equivalent come, it will