No-show of fellow CS buyer 'urahman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky

Apr 13, 2002
Pissed off by a fellow clubsnapper (HP #: 96283470) that didn't show up after arrangement has been made to view and transact on an item (I'm selling). Called him several times but he just killed the line. Sent several messages but no reply. Freaking irresponsible person. Wasted my time and effort travelling to Pasir Ris for him. Since he contacted me via SMS, I didn't know his nick, so I did a search on the phone number in CS B&S and coincidentally that phone number was flagged and linked to a nick 'urahman' . To add to disappointment, I thought it was a youngster but no a senior ! (if the profile info is anything to go by). I would think a person of such seniority would've known the basic values of courtesy and responsibility. He's about twice my age for crying out loud. To mitigate the situation, I thought to myself perhaps he lost his phone but then why no simply courtesy of sending me a PM to explain the situation? or he could've just used another phone to inform me, after all he has my info in CS. Ok rant over. Just wish to put down as record in case any person doing a background character search on this nick would see this post.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Perhaps something happened along the way, and that person is not capable to even get online for now?

At any rate, I also kenar fly aeroplane before - just 3 minutes from the meeting place!

Some Singaporeans are like that - if they can get away with it, keep quiet and 'act blur', don't answer calls, SMS or PMs, they know that probably after awhile, the other party will also stop trying or KPKB, so everything goes back to 'normal'. In the end, they don't kenar anything, so they will sukar sukar do as they please because they are allowed to.

As CS grows bigger and bigger, it becomes very difficult to 'police' the classifieds, which is why it's good that you took the time and effort to do the leg-work, and post up.

Hopefully, the Admin can consider implementing some sort of compulsory feedback system like E-Bay's where even leaving a feedback is part and parcel of the deal, since actively policing a classifieds* would take many full-time mods and a rock-solid system in place.

* It's very very difficult, but it's entirely possible because I see it done on a humongous international forum, but that's because on that particular forum, honor, honesty and ethical behaviour is held in high regard where their classifieds is concerned.

wow 3 min before the deal? that was really ^$^%$

i was in this situation before, say deal deal, ok, ok.. when i reached early call the person, the buyer phone is dead, real dead.. dam... but after that couldnt be bother who to blame, blame my luck instead, time wasted. may the person be well dead. :)

By the name "Urahman", already hint to you that will give shunt mah.

But hope that he could see this thread and clarify his situation. He got homepage one leh!

Cheers!

wow 3 min before the deal? that was really ^$^%$

Yah ... I was coming up the City Hall escalator, and the 'buyer' SMS me say he already at Peninsula. I called back - no answer. I SMS, no reply. I reached the agreed meeting point, no one fitting the description he gave me. Give benefit of doubt, I waited nearly 30 mins (in case he kenar lao sai or while waiting, decided to shop at one of the camera stores first). In the end, when i tried to call again, phone was switched OFF.

Actually I'm quite fortunate, most of the buyers/sellers I have met through CS are really nice and decent people, but it seems that there are a lot who are 'Chao Kuan' or 'Fly Aeroplane' type from other peoples' reports.

As I mentioned earlier, perhaps the Admin could think of implementing a feedback system similar to e-bays, in-lieu of active policing and 'live' feedback reporting/listings.

What do members here think of having such a system? Perhaps you could share your views.

That is why whenever I have an item for sale, the meeting place will be at my home or office. :think:

that why i'm very careful with single/double digital posters.
scared liao...1 experience is enough.
so when i see single/double digit posters, i rather them meet me at my area just in case they last min smoke me.

that why i'm very careful with single/double digital posters.
scared liao...1 experience is enough.
so when i see single/double digit posters, i rather them meet me at my area just in case they last min smoke me.

what's a single/double digital posters?

that is why i only sell stuff near my home or near my office

price agreed upon, no discounts, post big pictures with flaws of item clearly seen
meet, view, test, deal or no deal,
nice and simple

Home better be careful :p skali they decide to come back at night to 'acquire' some of your other lenses that weren't for sale ;)

At least one does not have to worry about safety here. I once sold a high end DSLR to a buyer who insisted on bringing cash. So I told him to meet me at the ground floor of a particular building. Ground floor got security, bank, nice chairs, armed guards.. :D and a place to deposit the $$ immediately after the transaction!

Being flown aeroplane sucks (kena before, si beh du lan) but there are worse things to watch out for, so be careful :dunno:

Wishing all of you a safe transaction in your dealings here in CS.

Home better be careful :p skali they decide to come back at night to 'acquire' some of your other lenses that weren't for sale ;)

At least one does not have to worry about safety here. I once sold a high end DSLR to a buyer who insisted on bringing cash. So I told him to meet me at the ground floor of a particular building. Ground floor got security, bank, nice chairs, armed guards.. :D and a place to deposit the $$ immediately after the transaction!

Being flown aeroplane sucks (kena before, si beh du lan) but there are worse things to watch out for, so be careful :dunno:

Wishing all of you a safe transaction in your dealings here in CS.

Good point to note. Sometime I did really wonder how people close those few thousand dollars deal? What happen if the seller is fake? Then, this time is shown, but take and run away.

No show is still ok as you do not lose any money.

I just read from another IT forum that this guy from England did an MO and conned about 40 over buyers on buying a HDD Raptor and ran away with $14,000 plus. Now under police investigation. The Admins of that forum gave a 200 pages report....!

One of the top Singapore IT forum.

I share the same sentiment also for this kind of buyer, cancelling only minutes before meeting time or no show no news. The chance of getting this kind of accident is increased during school holiday. This is not only happen in CS on other forums also. Wasting my time, petrol, and sometime parking charges.

Sorry to hear about all these stories of people without integrity...
I also happen to deal with a CS member recently without integrity. Purchased an E330 from him which he claims a condition 9 but when i meet up i discovered the LCD screen was marred by the sticky screen protector. I was already quite dissappointed but to honour my word i still transacted with him in the hope of removing the stains myself. But after removing the super tough stains i realise the screen coating beneath has already wore off and it's leaving bad marks on it. I call him to discuss is there a possibility of returning the item to him since a condition like this doesn't warrant a 9 but he just brush me off suggesting i'm using corrosive liquid to clean. (what an insult)

Very dissapointed that these dishonest people exist in the Buy/Sell forums and hopefully karma will get time big time :p. I know i can't do much and have to live with it.

Rant over...

Share his name/nick/hp with us please.

I also happen to deal with a CS member recently without integrity. Purchased an E330 from him which he claims a condition 9 but when i meet up i discovered the LCD screen was marred by the sticky screen protector. I was already quite dissappointed but to honour my word i still transacted with him in the hope of removing the stains myself. But after removing the super tough stains i realise the screen coating beneath has already wore off and it's leaving bad marks on it. I call him to discuss is there a possibility of returning the item to him since a condition like this doesn't warrant a 9 but he just brush me off suggesting i'm using corrosive liquid to clean. (what an insult)

Very dissapointed that these dishonest people exist in the Buy/Sell forums and hopefully karma will get time big time :p. I know i can't do much and have to live with it.

Rant over...

U mean the Seller "forced" u to buy on the meet up even when u are not please with the condition???

To me, i always ask buyer to view with no obligations as he or she must view the thing 1st then if he happy with it then we deal it. If not, just make one more friend lor :)

Once you deal with it and u can go back and ask for returning or any kind of "funny" things.

In the first place, u shd not deal with it since u are not comfortable with it condition

Just to clarify 'Sadwitch' misleading post on what transpired:
1. At no time was he 'forced' or 'obliged' to purchase the camera.
2. The camera was listed as condition '9' as it was, to our knowledge, in good condition, no scratches, dings, as good as new. The camera was hardly used, kept in dry box 90% of the time, shutter count was less than 5000.
3. The LCD was protected by a good quality LCD screen protector which was bought from Cathay Photo. As per normal wear and tear, the edges of the LCD screen protector were peeling off, but the screen was still clear and not 'marred' as he described.
4. Actually, to clarify, what does he define as 'marred'? scratched? The LCD screen is definitely not scratched when it was handed to him to test.
5. When one removes the LCD screen protector, it is inevitable that there will be a sticky residue left on it - which I assume was what he did when he reached home. We will not venture as to how he removed the LCD screen protector - but if he says that when he tried to remove it, the LCD screen was 'marred', then it begs the questions: wat did he use to remove the LCD screen protector? Did he use a lint free cloth or a piece of abrasive tissue paper? what liquid did he use? did he gently wipe it off? or was he too enthusiatic about it?
6. There are also several factors involved:

Status
Not open for further replies.