no s4pro this PMA


Status
Not open for further replies.

megascriler

New Member
Jun 18, 2005
394
0
0
Not confirmed don't have yet. Don't forget, there are still two more weeks to the PMA, and Fujifilm might still launch their prosumers or even the S4 AT the PMA.
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
wait a while longer. They might not list out their entire product range yet. Just like canon who have 70 products up their sleeves but none are listed yet.

PMA is getting me all excited to see what new stuff everyone has installed.
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
ya lar but the chances are getting much lower with this announcement. I read an interview with fuji which they said they will be concentratin on consumer cams and trying to bring DSLR performance to consumer levels. + the very recent update to s3pro buffer, LACK of any hint or rumors from fujifilm themselves that the s4 is indeed coming, etc.

Still I think the price of s3pro will go lower due to the fact that CANON is indeed releasing a 20D replacement which will compete with D200 and drive the overpriced D200 down. Malaysia only selling D200 for S$2600.
 

megascriler

New Member
Jun 18, 2005
394
0
0
Where got say Canon releasing 70 products this PMA?
 

stout

New Member
Oct 6, 2004
197
0
0
Fuji should work on there own Mount, there own lenses & system for long term sake, and not depends on Nikon. If Fuji were to need Nikon to survive, we might see a S4 and no so for an Fuji-S5!

Too bad like Kodak, Fuji is loosing too much as for so long dependent solely on film to make $$! Lucky they have labs to tahan through this few years, hope Fuji will survive this turn of the century! :cry:
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
actually,

fujifilm should approach olympus. Olympus and fujifilm needs each other. Olympus is having trouble finding a good sensor for their next pro E1, and fujifilm has having trouble getting a good DSLR body + lens system to go with their sensor. It should be a win win situation for both of them. Nikon don't really need fujifilm sensor so they are not really keen to give fujifilm their DSLR bodies.
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
I would say Nikon's lens system is sufficient. Starting their own line of lens collection now is not very economical, just like how the 4/3 is struggling. However, the improvement to body design/spec is what I really want to see. as pointed out by many forum members here already. The biggest and only draw for anyone to buy the S3 is the SuperCCD SR. Many are willing to forgo the other perks of a better body just for the sensor alone.

If fuji does comes out with a body comparable to prosumer standards coupled with it's SuperCCD. It'll be a killer. I'm sure it's all on the drawing board in fuji R&D.
 

stout

New Member
Oct 6, 2004
197
0
0
wind30 said:
actually,

fujifilm should approach olympus. Olympus and fujifilm needs each other. Olympus is having trouble finding a good sensor for their next pro E1, and fujifilm has having trouble getting a good DSLR body + lens system to go with their sensor. It should be a win win situation for both of them. Nikon don't really need fujifilm sensor so they are not really keen to give fujifilm their DSLR bodies.
I'll give you 9.9 points out of 10 points for this wonderful idea! Smart! :thumbsup:

Actually Olympus has already very large collections of Specially Digital Lens for 4/3, the biggest specialist Digital DSLR lenses as compare to Nikon and canon.
 

megascriler

New Member
Jun 18, 2005
394
0
0
If Fujifilm does collaborate with Olympus, then they will create a larger market for the 4/3 lenses. Afterall Fujifilm was among the partners in the development of Four-Thirds plus they made the xD-cards. But I don't think Fujifilm would want to switch now to another partner for their dSLRs anymore after so long. If not then maybe Panasonic or Kodak are going to snap the remaining Olympus for their dSLR bodies.
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
stout said:
I'll give you 9.9 points out of 10 points for this wonderful idea! Smart! :thumbsup:

Actually Olympus has already very large collections of Specially Digital Lens for 4/3, the biggest specialist Digital DSLR lenses as compare to Nikon and canon.
care to quote some numbers and sources? I really cannot believe that olympus actually have the largest collection of 'digital' lenses. what does digital lenses mean? they sample the image and project the image digitally onto the dslr sensor for it to re-capture? :dunno:

what do you mean by "specialist Digital DSLR lenses"? what about "non-specialist analog DSLR lenses"? or "film DSLR lenses" if there are any...

From my tiny knowledge, I only know that 4/3 lenses can only fit 4/3 cropped sensors while EF-S and DX lenses can only be used on APS-C sensors.. however, they can also use the entire range of earlier full-framed sensors meant for flim bodies.


I'm confused.. could you PLIST explainED?
 

stout

New Member
Oct 6, 2004
197
0
0
yanyewkay said:
care to quote some numbers and sources? I really cannot believe that olympus actually have the largest collection of 'digital' lenses. what does digital lenses mean? they sample the image and project the image digitally onto the dslr sensor for it to re-capture? :dunno:

what do you mean by "specialist Digital DSLR lenses"? what about "non-specialist analog DSLR lenses"? or "film DSLR lenses" if there are any...

From my tiny knowledge, I only know that 4/3 lenses can only fit 4/3 cropped sensors while EF-S and DX lenses can only be used on APS-C sensors.. however, they can also use the entire range of earlier full-framed sensors meant for flim bodies.


I'm confused.. could you PLIST explainED?
Funny, you ask me and you answers is there in your question!!! and please don't tell me :think:
 

megascriler

New Member
Jun 18, 2005
394
0
0
Any chance they would be releasing the S4 Pro in Photokina? Maybe like the S3 they delayed the launch to upgrade the sensor to one that would have both capabilities of the SR II sensor and the 6th generation HR.
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
megascriler said:
Any chance they would be releasing the S4 Pro in Photokina? Maybe like the S3 they delayed the launch to upgrade the sensor to one that would have both capabilities of the SR II sensor and the 6th generation HR.
I think there is very little chance of it RELEASING in Photokina. If we are lucky, fujifilm may actually annouce the s4pro and it will take like months b4 it is available for sale.
 

megascriler

New Member
Jun 18, 2005
394
0
0
Is Photokina or PMA a bigger show?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.