No remorse. Audacious. Dishonest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She won't think she's that cool anymore when she ends up in jail in the near future.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child."

As reported the parents have failed in their basic duty of disciplining their child. The child lacking love just looked for love at the wrong places...and ended up that way. There will only be a rise in the number of such cases. This is a sacrifice we have to make in the name of progress?

BTW, disciplining doesn't mean military-style regiment. It means training the child to have self-control, know what is right and wrong, and have respect for self and people. Children are very good in modeling, so my *guess* is that the parents ain't doing very well in their own self-discipline department too...

"Spare the rod, spoil the child."

As reported the parents have failed in their basic duty of disciplining their child. The child lacking love just looked for love at the wrong places...and ended up that way. There will only be a rise in the number of such cases. This is a sacrifice we have to make in the name of progress?

BTW, disciplining doesn't mean military-style regiment. It means training the child to have self-control, know what is right and wrong, and have respect for self and people. Children are very good in modeling, so my *guess* is that the parents ain't doing very well in their own self-discipline department too...

這也所謂上樑不正下樑歪!;)

Father is a discharged bankrupt...he has screwed up is life once....now the child is screwed too...1-1 the score.

So I shall reiterate again, dun ever, ever screw up our lives becos, if we do, our children will most likely to do so and screw up theirs, and the viscious cycle continue...so we must make a conscious effort not to screw it up.

Father is a discharged bankrupt...he has screwed up is life once....now the child is screwed too...1-1 the score.

So I shall reiterate again, dun ever, ever screw up our lives becos, if we do, our children will most likely to do so and screw up theirs, and the viscious cycle continue...so we must make a conscious effort not to screw it up.

Bro ...You make a good point and I share your sentiment on the fact that hands on parenting is of paramount especially during the formative ages of your kids but I can't agree with you if you meant it as a sweeping statment to say a discharged bankrupt is a screw up and it contributed to his kids screwing up. Unless you have information that the result of his financial status is due to some illegal vices he part took taht cause his to be a bankrupt.

Not everyone who are declared bankrupt has a bad screw up story to tell or blame. I know of a friend who was financially tapped out looking after his sick father's treatment till he can't make his repayment and was force to declare bankrupt. I know of anothe who was made bankrupt when his business was cheated out from under him.

Just like you say we should not perpectuate the vicious cycle in parenting las we want bad kids, we have to do something to stop stereotyping that all bankrupt screwed up and makes bad parents..that too is a vicious cycle we need to break leh. Just A thot and sorry for the OT.

Peace man....

She won't think she's that cool anymore when she ends up in jail in the near future.

She'll just start/join a jail-gang.

then 10 years later in CS there would be a post : my model is a gangster

10? She's already 13. I'd say if she's gonna model, it's only 3-4 years away. but in all likelihood she'll just be knocked up and a single mom by then.

Bro ...You make a good point and I share your sentiment on the fact that hands on parenting is of paramount especially during the formative ages of your kids but I can't agree with you if you meant it as a sweeping statment to say a discharged bankrupt is a screw up and it contributed to his kids screwing up. Unless you have information that the result of his financial status is due to some illegal vices he part took taht cause his to be a bankrupt.

Not everyone who are declared bankrupt has a bad screw up story to tell or blame. I know of a friend who was financially tapped out looking after his sick father's treatment till he can't make his repayment and was force to declare bankrupt. I know of anothe who was made bankrupt when his business was cheated out from under him.

Just like you say we should not perpectuate the vicious cycle in parenting las we want bad kids, we have to do something to stop stereotyping that all bankrupt screwed up and makes bad parents..that too is a vicious cycle we need to break leh. Just A thot and sorry for the OT.

Peace man....

Hi Sammy,

No la, I don't mean that he did something bad or illegal and ended up bankkrupt. Screwing up may not be due to his own doing, and perhaps may be a series of circumstances beyond his control too.

But regardless of how he screwed up and ended a bankrupt, the end result is the same: his life is messed up, and that have an impact on his children.

It is indeed a sweeping statement, but I think the statement I made have some truths in them. I've read and also collect newspaper cuttings on things like that, to remind myself and my children constantly. And in most cases, you see a similar pattern: screw up once, and you'd most likely to screw up again, and again, unless some form of intervention comes along the way to break this chain of influence that make you go round and round, committing the same mistakes all the time.

No worries, don't always think that you have to agree with everything others say, we have our opinions and are entitled to them, but it is perfectly alright to bring it out and debate about it, and we can learn from one another la. :)

I remember a Time article before discussing whether or not there's a gene in humans that cause you to be "evil" as soon as you're born. Most of these cases happen to kids who lives in quiet, normal neighborhoods, not a slum or something. Their motives are not caused by poverty, power, attention or emotion, but the need and desire to inflict pain and chaos to others...

Apparently there seems to be a DNA pattern among these serious juvenile terrors.

As how they claim that homosexuality tendencies are a result of a particular DNA strand? :dunno: (Note: I have nothing against homosexuality, and I accept them as being as normal as any other person)

Even if a person is pre-disposed to certain tendencies as a result of genetic makeup, humans as social beings living in a community will be subject to various forms of social conditioning, cultural influences, stresses, etc. And at the end of the day, it becomes a matter of choice. I don't believe an individual can use a "I am born evil" reason to brush away the fact that he/she CHOSE to commit the action.

Just my 2 cents. The social ills and juvenile delinquency problem of our age is becoming increasingly disturbing.

As how they claim that homosexuality tendencies are a result of a particular DNA strand? :dunno: (Note: I have nothing against homosexuality, and I accept them as being as normal as any other person)

Even if a person is pre-disposed to certain tendencies as a result of genetic makeup, humans as social beings living in a community will be subject to various forms of social conditioning, cultural influences, stresses, etc. And at the end of the day, it becomes a matter of choice. I don't believe an individual can use a "I am born evil" reason to brush away the fact that he/she CHOSE to commit the action.

Just my 2 cents. The social ills and juvenile delinquency problem of our age is becoming increasingly disturbing.

Agreed that why 三子经曰:人之初 性本善 性相近 習相遠. Being evil is not a in born thing no one is born evil. If one says he/she is born evil, most of the time it is just an excuse to commit crime!

In the book of Great Learning(大學): 古之欲明明德於天下者先治其国。欲治其国者先齐其家。欲齐其家者先修其身。欲修其身者先正其心。欲正其心者先诚其意。欲诚其意者先致其知。致知在格物。物格而後知至。知至而後意诚。意诚而後心正。心正而後身修。身修 而後家齐。家齐而後国治。国治而後天下平。 sorry can help but really find this quote very good!

In short relate to this context, Juvenile prob or social ills, the child n parents who plays a major part during a child's early childhood. Its only when each n everyone do their part then we are able to address to the social prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.