No Photography with Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkForce

May 1, 2004
newbie land
Just wonder when the website regard a performance state

- * No Photography with Flash, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event !

but the ticket state

- No Photography / Video equ allow

Which statement is the final ?

The 1 on the website. (only if U've seen it B4 U bought the tix.)

Ask for a refund then....

Not me lah. My friend got the ticket loh. Just wonder which one is the final statement.

No point pay and then cannot bring in camera :sweat:

the issue is when was the relevant t & c deemed communicated to the buyer of the ticket/s. at point of purchase or subsequent to it?

if the t & c are printed on the ticket, it is presumed that the ticket/s are sold subject to such t & c and thus communicated.

however, if a 'new' t & c were to be put up at the point of admission, then it can be urged that such 'new' t & c is not part of the sales contract. if one does not agree to accept it, then, a refund of the value of the ticket paid is an option to consider.

DarkForce said:
Just wonder when the website reragrd a performance state

- * No Photography with Flash, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event !

but the ticket state

- No Photography / Video equ allow

Which statement is the final ?

They meant the same thing ... No Photography / Video recording ...

If you are sitting inside the concert hall and try to take .. the usher will stop you ... :sweat:

AReality said:
The 1 on the website. (only if U've seen it B4 U bought the tix.)

Ask for a refund then....
Hi .... don't mind i comment ...
Don't be like the typical Singaporeans - so kiasu.
By all means bring along your cam and if they do not allow you to bring in then ask them to store for you ... what is there for a refund when the main purpose is to enjoy the concert/show. If they allow, then just thanks your lucky star... and be extra sensitive to the enjoyment of the other audience beside you coz our cam normally can block the ppl behind as well as it's quite noisy in a quiet performance.
But if you only purpose is to shoot, then go to the usher and ask first for confirmation before you purchase your ticket ....

Canonised said:
But if you only purpose is to shoot, then go to the usher and ask first for confirmation before you purchase your ticket ....

i doubt very much if ushers are authorised to 'confirm' if photography is allowed. eg. if an usher 'confirms' to you that photography is allowed and the ticket indicated otherwise, what happens then?

KNIGHT ONG said:
They meant the same thing ... No Photography / Video recording ...

If you are sitting inside the concert hall and try to take .. the usher will stop you ... :sweat:

If it is the same then why do they state

- No Photography with Flash

They should have say

- No Photography

The whole objective of a concert/show/performance is simply to allow the audience to enjoy and appreciate. Photographing the show is always only a privilege granted by the organiser/artistes.
In the past there were not much need for such conditions to be printed but due to the digitised age, such conditions WILL be part of a ticket, signboard, etc... Put ourselves in the organiser's shoes and we can appreciate the reasons.

DarkForce said:
If it is the same then why do they state

- No Photography with Flash

They should have say

- No Photography
This is probably due to a human error but the guys at the entrance will still have the final say.

follow the less restrictive statement..

reachme2003 said:
if the t & c are printed on the ticket, it is presumed that the ticket/s are sold subject to such t & c and thus communicated.

But isn't it true that the tickets are only issued to you after you pay?
SO any extra t&c on the tickets are only communicated to you after you paid, thus u'll still be able to ask for a refund. Let's hope they entertain u, else U no where to complain to also.

should just call up the organising coy to confirm...if no photography..then just sit back & enjoy the concert :)

AReality said:
But isn't it true that the tickets are only issued to you after you pay?
SO any extra t&c on the tickets are only communicated to you after you paid, thus u'll still be able to ask for a refund. Let's hope they entertain u, else U no where to complain to also.

the key word is 'deemed communicated'. nevertheless, you may refute it if you have legitimate grounds for doing so.

you are correct that you may ask for a refund if any of the t & c on the ticket are not agreeable to you. that is well within your rights.

i'd say the website is the final say.

the tickets probably came from the printers in bulk with general Ts & Cs pre-printed on them way in advance. (with only the specific show times and dates printed upon purchase)

having said that, the best way is to call and confirm.

You refer to the DRAGON MIRAGE acrobatic show right ??
Photography is allowed as long as without flash. When I go to China for this kind of performance, camera is also allowed, as long as w/out flash, becaz by using flash will break performer's concentration.

if cameras ARE allowed at all (albeit w/o flash mode), there WILL be, confirmed+chop, people accidently popping off their flashes. :bsmilie:

Stereobox said:
if cameras ARE allowed at all (albeit w/o flash mode), there WILL be, confirmed+chop, people accidently popping off their flashes. :bsmilie:
haha, i have to agree with you.

many people have their camera on auto mode, and many will forget. :)

myself included. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.