No photo avatar for the photographers

Harkamals

Jan 12, 2011
How strange that most budding, senior photographers who click pictures and meet up for outings, socialize ---- don't have a photo avatar of themselves ??????

That's weird, you have something to hide ?

Last edited:
so WIRED its almost weird :dunno:

i am not too handsome to show my face :p but i prefer to show off my lovely bag and gears haha.

My face can petrify Chuck Norris.

I look like a cave man, still i have a pic :-D it's no dating site anyway. isn't it ?

How strange that most budding, senior photographers who click pictures and meet up for outings, socialize ---- don't have a photo avatar of themselves ??????

That's weird, you have something to hide ?

Sociologists say this boils down to cultural differences.You may see avatars or photographs in western forums but lesser in asian forums because asian cultures are group orientated and conformist so individuality is frowned upon and the tendency of not attracting attention to oneself regardless of whether one is goodlooking or not.Although the younger generation is much influenced by western thought and consumer behaviour still they are very much conformist and conservative in outlook as one does not want to be a square peg in a round hole.We all want to be accepted and feel normal.The fact that you have a photo means you are less inhibited, have a good self image and confidence.How about members who have photos but not of themselves,what does that mean? :)

For me, I'm simply bo chap. :p
It's just a forum, not FB, not a dating site. I'm only interested in the comments and information posted, not e face behid them.
Pp who knows me, knows me. Pp who dunno me, will know when we meet up. Does the photo avatar really matter?

catchlights said:
what does avatar has to do with Gatherings and Outings section?

How do I know who is who when we meet people for outing through this forum, a pic would be useful. That was my notion.

one eye jack said:
Sociologists say this boils down to cultural differences.You may see avatars or photographs in western forums but lesser in asian forums because asian cultures are group orientated and conformist so individuality is frowned upon and the tendency of not attracting attention to oneself regardless of whether one is goodlooking or not.Although the younger generation is much influenced by western thought and consumer behaviour still they are very much conformist and conservative in outlook as one does not want to be a square peg in a round hole.We all want to be accepted and feel normal.The fact that you have a photo means you are less inhibited, have a good self image and confidence.How about members who have photos but not of themselves,what does that mean? :)

Interesting write up, good day mate.

How do I know who is who when we meet people for outing through this forum, a pic would be useful. That was my notion.

Very good point. But I shy... And some prefer to be mysterious haha.
We can get away with wearing a mask here but difficult in real life.

I would say it come down to each and everyone's own interest, not necessary hiding something. Taking me for example, I don't like to keep an avatar, and thats it (couple with the facts that I am fat, old and ugly).

Well, if there is a gathering and people had agreed to meet in a place, I see no reason with anyone using his/her mouth to ask if he/she is going for the gathering. I have attended a couple of the gathering sessions and I find no reason or difficulties in locating the group.

spree86 said:
I really look like my avatar in real life:bsmilie:

Wow I want to meet you and take photos

I'm too sexy for a pic.

in the interest of transparency, I have for the first time uploaded my photo avatar...