No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayliberator

Jun 19, 2008
Woodlands
I was hired by Pierce Teo Production a month ago to do a photo shoot for hawker centres in Singapore (Project by Singtel). It was a no brainer project but needed alot of energy and effort as I had to travel around Singapore looking for different Hawkers. Each hawker would consist of Aprox:80 Stalls.

After shooting 18 Hawker Centres, I submited to his partner (producer), Kelvin, the DVDs consisting of edited photos together with an Invoice.
We agree that the payment would be before hari raya.
And at the same time, I told kelvin that I do not want to continue with the project as the payment was very low for what was required. Unless he 'Up' the price, then I would continue. e said that he will need to discuss with Pierce 1st before agreeing.

Later on, he agreed and I proceeded with another 14 Hawkers. This took me several days and I had to take Leaves from my job just so that I would complete this project in time. I edited the photos the day before Hari Raya and sacrificed my time with my family. I did this because I was looking forward for the 1st payment Pierce Teo owes me.
Before meeting up with Kelvin, I called Pierce and found out he did not have the payment and kept telling me a whole lot of reason why. I said I was very VERY disappointed as I needed the money for Hari Raya. So he said he will pay me by Friday. I proceded meeting with Kelvin and handed him another set of DVDs from the 2nd shoot and told him that we will meet up again and I will pass the 2nd invoice and collect the payment together. And that was the last I saw them.

Till today, I have been calling Pierce Teo and Kelvin asking for the payment, and I get no answer. There was once I used my friend's phone and Kelvin picked up, he said that he will make Pierce call me back regarding this. That night 14/10/08, Pierce smsed me "Hi kelvin ask me to call u sorry missed your call checked w singtel paymt on fri will contact you asap".

Im still waiting for that call. When I call them, I get no answer.

In total, they owe me $940
you may say that this is small amount. Of course, But I need it badly that is why I took this low paying project. It took me 3-4weeks to complete a total of 32 Hawker Centres. I did all this during fasting month. I had no money but i managed to go around shooting looking foward for payment. In the end, it costed me!!

1 Hawker - Aprox. 80 stalls
32 Hawkers - Aprox. 2560 Stalls

Company that owes me - Pierce Teo Production
People I deal With - Pierce Teo & Kelvin
Total Amount Owed By Company - $940

[Phone numbers removed by moderator]

TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Last edited:
bro, i think u need to sort out with them first....different pple deal with this differently...

some wait for the client to pay them before paying those they engaged...

some pay up first whilst waiting for client's payment...

why dun u make a police report? u do own the copyrights to the pics, right? Dun get upset, get better ya.

i cant make police report bcoz the invoice is not signed yet..

i kena this kind of situation before also.....by a event company. in the end, they paid reluctantly as i wanted to send a letter of demand. They claimed that they always pay their photographer after the client paid them....haha

they said the same thing 2 me.. they say Singtel never pay them and s**t.. but singtel not hiring me wat.. its them who hire me... company no money pay $940 dun open up company lah!!... btw... how does this letter of demand work?? hehehe

they said the same thing 2 me.. they say Singtel never pay them and s**t.. but singtel not hiring me wat.. its them who hire me... company no money pay $940 dun open up company lah!!... btw... how does this letter of demand work?? hehehe
get a lawyer fren to help.

hey i am working for this project for singtel too but in different company.. Their payment is prompt.. For my case..

i waited for the payment for almost a month oredi.. im giving them time, untill the next move i make. i mean, atleast give me a call explaining the proper reason and tell when when he can make payment.... well actually he did lah, he sent me SMS... he said he will pay me by a certain day.. but at last, still no show

if these are consider as a sub contracted job, singtel might be paying them more than what they are paying u.
not withstanding running around 32 hawker centers spending 3/4 week...
yr daily allowance is only $32 ...this is really cham :sweat:

now the thing is, I wana get him... wat should I do? go his house paint O, Dollar Sign, P, Dollar Sign???? sit @ his void deck & wait for him come home?

just a question did u warn and gave them the deadline to pay up before posting publicily online?
did u gave them a chance before hand?
just feel is a bit too harsh

i saw the shots on their website!!! first thing first bro file with small claims tribunal. they play avoidance time for you to not play nice liao.

I did 2 weeks ago.. I told them that they better make their payment as promised or I will take further actions.. well this is my further actions at this point of time. Payment was Due on Hari raya......... whats the date now?

now the thing is, I wana get him... wat should I do? go his house paint O, Dollar Sign, P, Dollar Sign???? sit @ his void deck & wait for him come home?

no need as long as u can prove the shots are yours go and file claims with small claims tribunal. time for playing nice has gone by liao.

no need as long as u can prove the shots are yours go and file claims with small claims tribunal. time for playing nice has gone by liao.

maybe thats what I will do next.. lucky I never delete the Raws.. I was about 2 coz my storage was filling up.. Im realy done with playing nice with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.