No more Q for me

Aelindgard

Dec 15, 2011
So. No more Q for me. It's now in the not so safe haha of my older sister. The question now is what next? K-50? K-3? So help me out. These are my use cases:
1) semi regular photographer
2) use primarily outdoors for activities/action and landscape shots
3)standing/hiking in heavy downpour is a regular occurance
4) would like to do some video (the Q was mostly tasked to do video work lately)
5) prefer a one lense solution. 20-200 maybe?

So. Based on the above what's a good body/lense combo do you all recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there.. Been a while since we last met at the Pentax Outing..

Between Camera K50 and K3 are both great cameras for outdoor activities. It will depends on how much you would like to spend.
As for 1 lens solution, i could only of think 18-135WR is the only one which should cover all if you want the weather resistant.

Think you should our next outing next week? think would be a great time to touch the K3 and K50 (think there's only one whom is going :p)

Not sure if I am available on the 15. How bout the K30 as someone is letting go for sub $400.

Yup that's the one. But 18-135 wr $700++?

You may watch out at bns as people do let go at range from 380 to 430 depends whether any warranty left.

Seems like a 2nd hand k30 and 18-135 fits all your needs.
Look out for them in the bns section.
The 18-135 is not that expensive as most guys bought it as a kit.

Hmm... Why not a Q7?

k-3 and 18-135 seems the good option, both WR (weather resistant) or K-30 with 18-135

good quality and range.

18-135 just around 400+ sgd when bought together as kit lens with camera

K30 good la but for lense wise you can match 17-50 and 55-300 or just take the 18-135 will do

Cause of the need to take photos in the rain. Or survive sudden downpour.

Oh! Missed that point.. :p
Get K30 ah.. More than enough for casual photog. ;)

So, I'm ready to pull the trigger in the k30. What spud I look out for our check/test when getting a used body?

So, I'm ready to pull the trigger in the k30. What spud I look out for our check/test when getting a used body?

Exterior:
1. no sign of drop or heavy scratch
2. viewfinder free of fungus, or better no dust
3. battery door contact
4. pop-up flash pop up and check flash working
5. focus indicator light working

Interior
1. Mirror free of fungus or scratch
2. mirror flip up works and bulb mode works

Function:
1. auto focus test, infinity, close focus
2. metering test, make sure it give correct exposure when shooting light and dark area
3. aperture connection test, change aperture in camera, make sure all exposure fine at all aperture
4. shutter speed check, make sure all shutter speed works
5. f32 aperture shot of a blank wall to check sensor dust
6. shooting with cap on, to make a dark image, 8x zoom in LCD to check dead pixel or hot pixel on the picture
7. continuous drive, make sure high continuous drive and low continuous drive works
8. check shooting movie works

warranty:
1. ask for 1 week personal warranty

I am sorry, if my question is not suitable in this thread.

I am quite interested in Q7 currently, due to the small for factor and fast AF. I would love to try it out during travel, and to take phots of my 20 month old toddler. Understand that, it was announced June 13. Will there be any new product of Q series announce this year?

I am quite interested in Q7 currently, due to the small for factor and fast AF. I would love to try it out during travel, and to take phots of my 20 month old toddler. Understand that, it was announced June 13. Will there be any new product of Q series announce this year?

Like you, we are still wondering if there is a new Q model or even a new GXR. If you are really keen on getting the Q7, go ahead and get it. It's a great camera.

Q7 is a different sensor to the Q and Q10. If the is a new Q camera, I suspect it will be using the same sensor as Q7. Now what I really want is a WR Q. But don't think that's happening cause that will mean creating WR version of all the current range of lense.

No one knows.
If you can wait, then Photokina is about 2-3 months away.
No harm to see what comes out.

Personally, if you like it and can afford it, then buy it now.
Baby won't wait for Photokina to grow up :D

Also, I think the fastest AF is on the 01 prime.

Yup yup... if you need the camera, you can always buy it now..

If you can wait, as Pinholecam said, Photkina is round the corners.. We are always hoping for new updates :p

Yup yup... if you need the camera, you can always buy it now.. If you can wait, as Pinholecam said, Photkina is round the corners.. We are always hoping for new updates :p

Hope for 16MP;)