No More Nature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic

Feb 17, 2002
East of SG
art.digital-dude.net
Hi all

After 4 yrs MIA, I back with my hobby again to make time for photography.
I just got my first dslr D90 last week and yet to really try out the potential. This is one of my first few shots.

Nature_by_analogdude.jpg

This shot seems to be very washed out and I'm actually not very satisfied with it. I would like to know how can I improve on it. Seriously need C&C. Thanks!

I think will be better if you can go closer to the bird And shoot at it's eye level. I find the picture abit dark.

May I know is it my camera settings? No pp is done on the photo. How can I improve on it next time? It was pretty hot that day.

May I know is it my camera settings? No pp is done on the photo. How can I improve on it next time? It was pretty hot that day.

hi.

if you're asking about RAW, yes, it's available in D90 under camera settings. image quality (i think, cos i'm not a Nikon user. but i'm certain i'm somewhere there) do read your manual if you need help. :)

and,
image lacks contrast, colors are not vibrant.
maybe you should PP abit first.

No exif data left in the picture. makes guessing really hard.
Looks washed out due to the hazy sky. This whitish-grayish kills all colours. Wait for sunny days. You can see at the bottom that the green and the reddish from the rock looks ok. The rest is composition. The white bird in front of gray water with gray buildings in background will not give much contrast.
For camera settings (how to enable RAW, how to handle RAW) please check your camera manual and software documentation.

Oh no I mean for everyone out there who shoot the pictures they need to fine tune the picture?

Have you ever used film? It needs development and printing. Now that we are digital the same applies here as well, although the technology has changed. Only a few pictures can be used straight from the camera, most pictures need post-processing (PP) in a certain way. Sometime it's just minor touch-up and cropping, sometimes it needs extensive work. Ask the guys shooting portraits or landscapes how much time they spend :)
Good software can help to ease the workflow. I know that Nikon has a software to process images but you can also use Adobe's tools: Photoshop, Lightroom etc.

cool! thats what I want to know. Thanks everyone. Will try and do something about it. Most of the pictures I find the color too light. contrast low like what pplneedthelord says.

Status
Not open for further replies.