no more jacky wu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
deslim27 said:
IMO, they will make Channel U programs crappy and force the viewership to rock bottom.. then announce "Closure of Channel U due to poor viewership".. Why pay double running cost for a same group of crowd?

ya, think this is possible... if they keep doing in this way, sooner or later move only... :(

the guess show on sunday ch8 are very out dated ones right? like 6 months back? Only Ch U screened the more recent ones.. then again.. aiz.. no more balance in this stressful life...

Prismatic said:
I've seen some of the strangest things on Mediacorps TV, the one I really can't stand are those trailers for the PSC Nite. The show is okay, but why do they have to get the hosts to wear funny costumes and say not-so-funny ridiculous lines on TV. It's sort of quite out of point. It's good to be not-so-serious for variety show, but it doesn't been you have to be irrevelant.

maybe they have no suitable shows to make use of these costumes, once in a while, they get someone to wear them so the costumes won't grow mold / fungus...just like camera equipment.

icarus said:
hey dudes, don't bother watching the taiwanese variety shows shown in sg... it sucks, all the nice hokkien jokes were cut.... Download the fresh, uncut episodes from BT better...;)

I stopped watching local TV for nearly a year now. Never missed anything. Local TV = CRAP, but i do enjoy the occasional parliament 'debate'.. very amusing :D
did you mention the magic word "download"?
:( dangerous act for this year, at least now.

deslim27 said:
IMO, they will make Channel U programs crappy and force the viewership to rock bottom.. then announce "Closure of Channel U due to poor viewership".. Why pay double running cost for a same group of crowd?
actually, they can shut channel u now if they really want to. i don't think there is any specific claus in the merger agreement that says they MUST keep it on the air.

at least, the media reports didn't say that. they only said they'll positively close channel i, and LIKELY keep channel u, which means they have the right to shut it

No more Jacky Wu, Kang Kang and Nono. :nono:
Weekday nights will never be the same again.

obviousdude said:
actually, they can shut channel u now if they really want to. i don't think there is any specific claus in the merger agreement that says they MUST keep it on the air.

at least, the media reports didn't say that. they only said they'll positively close channel i, and LIKELY keep channel u, which means they have the right to shut it

agreed with you, think they really have the right to do so... now is juz waiting for the suitable timing only :)

Venom81 said:
No more Jacky Wu, Kang Kang and Nono. :nono:
Weekday nights will never be the same again.

last time at least still hv some funny shows to look forward to after a day of work, but now weekday nights no more light variety show :(

ivan said:
last time at least still hv some funny shows to look forward to after a day of work, but now weekday nights no more light variety show :(

Still have some local programs at channel 8 but no as good as Jacky Wu's variety only. :nono:

therat said:
now.. hardly can watch japanese anima

Ya. Hellsing :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.