No more F-14 Tomcats :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
i smell something more powerful about to surface..
is the JSF officially commissioned?

yanyewkay said:
i smell something more powerful about to surface..
is the JSF officially commissioned?

No.... they are replacing it with the F-18D Super Hornet... or Super Bug as critiques call it....;p Hardly a Tomcat....;)

Really sad :cry: But I guess this progess:dunno: Some interesting thing the US Navy like to call their fighters "cat", thus Tomcat got it's name because of the Admiral Tom Collory. Who in late 60s in charge of getting the US Navy a new fighter, so it is nickname Tom's cat. When they decided on the F14 the nick name stuck there and became F14 Tomcat.

Zplus said:
No.... they are replacing it with the F-18D Super Hornet... or Super Bug as critiques call it....;p Hardly a Tomcat....;)
it can't replace the tomcat man.. the swept back wings are legendary! :cry: better snap up the remainding F-14 models first ;p

regardless...it is still a killing machine...

yanyewkay said:
it can't replace the tomcat man.. the swept back wings are legendary! :cry: better snap up the remainding F-14 models first ;p

do you know where to get one? i'm interested in assembling one tomcat model

I believe the legendary AIM-54 Phoneix missiles capable of BVR kills can only be used on the F14?

Would it mean the death of the missiles as well? :(

Zplus said:

Er dude, it's the F/A-18E for single seaters and F/A-18F for twin seaters.

The D bug is ALREADY in use in Malaysia for many years.

mervlam said:
do you know where to get one? i'm interested in assembling one tomcat model

#B1-24 Parklane Shopping Mall, Nakamoto's shop.

Hasegawa make the best Tomcats in both 1/72 & 1/48 scale, followed by Fujimi in 1/72(their 1/48 Tomcats are more to 1/50, underscale) and finally Academy in 1/72 & 1/48.

Time for me to go to Tiong Bahru n see whether any Tomcat model plane left. Grab it before price of it goes up. :D

So sad.... F14 is my favourite fighter:cry:

See my ID? Goodbye for the first Third Generation Fighter.

espn, that one wont die so soon lar...

Drudkh, thanks dude!

jsbn, yup, currently AIM-54 only used on Tomcats. But was tested on YF-12A and designed for F-111 but never deployed.

G-man... yeah... what a mistake I made... its the E and F Hornet model. Got some publicity in the show Behind Enemy Lines.... where it showed how good it handled before being shot down.... Yup, I like the fujimi tomcats a lot. Academy ones are the most affordable. Tamiya also makes them...;)

I think no Tomcat ever got shot down.;p

Status
Not open for further replies.