No littering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurry80

Jul 23, 2007
Toa Payoh
www.flickr.com
Trying to send a message No littering! In the nature reserve.

Location Shot at MacRitchie Nature Reserve
Time: noon

Wish to be critque on sharpness(For web viewing), composition, exposure and color.

This image has not gone through Post processing
Shot with 1/160 shutter
Focal length 120
Ap 5.0
ISO 1600
Canon 400D

2077162999_ee3f6e2b6c_o.jpg

Trying to send a message No littering! In the nature reserve.

I think it is a nice picture of a monkey in its habitat. But I think it fails in delivering the "don't litter" message. It is just too subtle.

To get the message, one needs to think. The typical Singaporean may be conditioned to not think, unable to think, or pretend to not be able to think so that (s)he can ignore any message that would cause inconvenience (such as carrying litter to the next trash bin rather than dropping it on the spot). To get the message across, you need the equivalent of a sledge hammer whacking people into the face so that they cannot pretend to be ignorant.

the picture is over exposed, and i think that there are too much negative space. and also the monkey is too blend in with the background which make my eye wonder around.
The angle of the picture is also not very interesting, maybe you can shoot from low angle or same angle as the money.

But still good try, good discovery on the monkey!

Good sight! yes it is actually its eating. it tore open the pack and started licking it after this picture was taken. Actually the monkeys stare at you or their eyes kinda fierce thats what sparked my idea of no littering.

Status
Not open for further replies.