No Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
600306558_58077f5683.jpg

wanted to capture a sense of escapism, from all the rules and restrictions that bound us everyday..
like the expression goes, as free as a bird..

would like to know how could I improve on the composition of this photo..
or could I have better executed this idea of mine?

place the sign at the bottom of the frame and capture more sky

placing the sign at the bottom of the frame sounds better, but that would mean cutting away the trees. I think the trees are rather important, but more sky would be better.

placing the sign at the bottom of the frame sounds better, but that would mean cutting away the trees. I think the trees are rather important, but more sky would be better.

care to share why you think the trees are important?

thought of capturing more sky, but that would mean abit too much empty space.. included the trees to sorta lead the eyes to the bird..

thought of capturing more sky, but that would mean abit too much empty space.. included the trees to sorta lead the eyes to the bird..

Won't the empty space help you enhance the idea of No Limits?
;)

Ya true. I think the TS wanted the bird to re-empahise on the 15km/h with the bird. However i f the bird could be taken bigger. I think it would be better. But probably there are limitations that resulted in this shot. Anyway well done. The idea is there... Keep shooting.

would like to know how could I improve on the composition of this photo..
or could I have better executed this idea of mine?

Composition is pretty good however you could look at placing the sign a touch lower on the rule of thirds intersection.

The only other thing I would maybe look at is the Shadows & Highlights tool in PS to bring out a little more detail in the palm fronds.

If, after this, you feel you have too much sky you could change the aspect ratio from 4:6 to 3:4 when cropping.

you must be either very lucky or very patient to capture that shot.
I like your idea and composition, nice job.

somehow i think if u take the pic from abit more to the left, and @ a lower perspective..u would be able to frame the sign @ the bottom..trees on right and bottom half of pic...then blue sky above... but no birdie then :p

i think no limit was refering to the bird. hahhaha it can fly faster then 15km/h

yea, it probably can fly much faster than 15km/hr, but it isn't terribly fast..

Ya true. I think the TS wanted the bird to re-empahise on the 15km/h with the bird. However if the bird could be taken bigger. I think it would be better. But probably there are limitations that resulted in this shot. Anyway well done. The idea is there... Keep shooting.

would also think if the bird was bigger its better.. well, maybe next time if I'm lucky an egret or something bigger flies past at a similar spot..

Composition is pretty good however you could look at placing the sign a touch lower on the rule of thirds intersection.

The only other thing I would maybe look at is the Shadows & Highlights tool in PS to bring out a little more detail in the palm fronds.

If, after this, you feel you have too much sky you could change the aspect ratio from 4:6 to 3:4 when cropping.

somehow i think if u take the pic from abit more to the left, and @ a lower perspective..u would be able to frame the sign @ the bottom..trees on right and bottom half of pic...then blue sky above... but no birdie then :p

yea, would agree that taking it at a lower perpective would be better.. partly my fault not thinking about that while waiting for some birds to fly past..

Status
Not open for further replies.