Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=149377

not in particular pinpointing.. just for future references, should old birdies maybe not joke in newbies section? :bsmilie: cos i find that maybe most of us guys joke too much, then bring the happy feeling from kopitiam to the newbies thread, den the newbies feel like we are kinda like 'gloating over their misfortune' kinda thingy...

sorry to shlfter in advance if you feel offended. i'm just discussing about the issue not you. ;)

wei.. relax lah. happy? friday, not fireday wor :sweatsm:
some people are more on the serious side. cmon :)

furrycake said:
wei.. relax lah. happy? friday, not fireday wor :sweatsm:
some people are more on the serious side. cmon :)

As i said mah... just for discussion wat... i din point to him lah, just notice quite alot of newbies thread dun like jokes...

Yes please post responsibly, and not like some who post up certain things and when get screwed over for it, say that they were merely joking - imho, a lame way of saving face and backing off.

sometimes, one or two 'wrong' words used would trigger unnecessary online arguments.
might be a joke to one, but an offence to another. different people have different sensitivity levels, be it joke or something, cant carry it too far.

i for one can take jokes, but if you go too far, i jit tao hoot you die :bsmilie:

Saw the thread, IMHO, I don't think it was that such a big deal...and it was'nt even insulting to the thread starter, wonder why:dunno:

Let's all just be more tactical.

hahahahahhahahahhahahhahahaha.............what a rush.......:devil:

I can't under what's the joke about.

There are people who call viewfinder as eye-hole, urinal as piss-hole and ATM as money-hole.

It would be easy if everyone uses the same English dictionary and not inventing new words. Okay it's not dictionary. It's words book.

Please be serious leh.

To avoid more jokes, here are some of the photographic terminology I've heard some people have used:

Camera strap: Neck string
Tripod: Camera legs
Lens: Black tube
Medium format: Big camera
Any photographer: Pro
Any girl: Model
Cable release: Hand string
Flash: Fast light

:bsmilie:

Thanks for bringing it out....many times I felt humiliated lor :(

That's why I want everyone to know I only got IQ92, anything I said or I did...should never be used against me. :sweat:

Benign said:

That's why I want everyone to know I only got IQ92, anything I said or I did...should never be used against me. :sweat:

At least u know your IQ lor... i dun even know my IQ, and dun even know whats IQ, so i think my IQ definitely lower than yours...:cry:

At least u know your IQ lor... i dun even know my IQ, and dun even know whats IQ, so i think my IQ definitely lower than yours...

Thanks for the compliment :bsmilie: But I do value your inputs with high regards lor.

It ain't so easy to find someone who dared to admit or share the same IQ as me :thumbsup:

Hence, your IQ maybe lower....but EQ is definitely higher than mine lor :devil:

Benign said:
Thanks for the compliment :bsmilie: But I do value your inputs with high regards lor.

It ain't so easy to find someone who dared to admit or share the same IQ as me :thumbsup:

Hence, your IQ maybe lower....but EQ is definitely higher than mine lor :devil:

hmm seems alot feel my EQ also quite low leh...

but i know i got FQ lah.. but i dun FQ lor... :sweatsm:

Honestly I think the threadstarter is way too sensitive. I don't find anything wrong with it. If someone finds eye-hole funny, so what? Is that an insult? Is that so personal? Do you mean all reply should sound like what I'm doing now? You don't have to reply because I don't care.

** interpret this as a joke for those who don't mind jokes, and for those who do.... sigh...

Benign said:

Some of my employers have complained that my IQ is too low. I asked them how much IQ does he need to push the exposure button?

:sweatsm:

actually I quite agree with DCA. sometimes somepeople (not pointing to anyone in particular) like to bring laughter everywhere. Like what shlter said, if he knew what the eye-hole is called, he won't be using the term eye-hole already.

Search on the net before posting some say?
- How to search if you can't get the terms right?

Sometimes it's not about NOT searching, but about not knowing how to search.

Some might not see if there's anything wrong but it's about respecting others. Imagine during your BMT days where you were mocked at because you don't know how to climb the low rope by your instructors. I never had problems with the low rope so I wun know. Will you feel humiliated?

New recruit stops at low rope and struggles.
Instructors: "hahaha.. low rope also don't know how to climb.. hahah :bsmilie:"

Don't take things that you know for granted and that others will also know what you know.

yanyewkay said:
New recruit stops at low rope and struggles.
Instructors: "hahaha.. low rope also don't know how to climb.. hahah :bsmilie:"

Don't take things that you know for granted and that others will also know what you know.

i noted that Ah Pao used 'haha'... i dont know about you guys. i personally dont think Ah Pao was laughing at him. more like saying 'oh well'.. to me.

haha.. hey guys lighten up :)

furrycake said:
i noted that Ah Pao used 'haha'... i dont know about you guys. i personally dont think Ah Pao was laughing at him. more like saying 'oh well'.. to me.

haha.. hey guys lighten up :)

That's how I feel as well.. and without the "haha", Ah Pao actually helped him by mentioning what it is really called.

Status
Not open for further replies.