No interest repayment scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyre of Fyre

Mar 18, 2004
Hi all,

just wondering if there are any reputable photo shops out there that offer such a service for the purchase of equipment?

POF

Pyre of Fyre said:
Hi all,

just wondering if there are any reputable photo shops out there that offer such a service for the purchase of equipment?

POF

you can check with cathay photom best denki or harley norman

Thread moved to Consumers Corner and Services.

Just curious, why do you want to look for a "reputable" shop if you intend to split up your payment? ;p

Pyre of Fyre said:
Hi all,

POF

Yup ... this is especially good for those who think they can but actually cannot afford to buy 2nd hand equipment.

ydanz said:
Yup ... this is especially good for those who think they can but actually cannot afford to buy 2nd hand equipment.

huh ? if there are people can't afford 2nd hand equipment, then obviously ample money is not something they have. Maybe they should re-prioritize their purchases.

If you have to scrimp, squeeze and save to buy your equipment, you are buying too much already. Buy within your means.

chriszzz said:
huh ? if there are people can't afford 2nd hand equipment, then obviously ample money is not something they have. Maybe they should re-prioritize their purchases.

If you have to scrimp, squeeze and save to buy your equipment, you are buying too much already. Buy within your means.

Hope he takes your advice chriszzz otherwise, he can try to rip the seller off during the transaction, thats another way though definitely not morally right :nono: but sometimes it happens, SOMEONE tried that trick on me the last time.

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I never thought a thread like this would get so many replies... :bsmilie:

Anyway, I was only wondering about the likelihood of such services offered by the bulk of the shops here. I, for one, would consider buying the more expensive items here based on a no interest scheme just to take the edge off the purchase. I say this not because I can't afford it but the issue of money is still very much dear to me, considering that I have to work for a living. And I'll be hard pressed to disagree that some of the stuff out there can be quite expensive and unless my surname is Gates, or related to SOMEONE in Brunei, I'd like to think that I can still buy something and not see myself forking out loads at one go. :bsmilie: Whether or not I do take the shop up on the scheme is obviously up to me.

Anyway, it was really just a simple question, but thanks Chriszzz (I hope I got the z-s in there right :D) and ydanz for the advice. It is something that I've always agreed with though.

POF

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I never thought a thread like this would get so many replies... :bsmilie:

Anyway, I was only wondering about the likelihood of such services offered by the bulk of the shops here. I, for one, would consider buying the more expensive items here based on a no interest scheme just to take the edge off the purchase. I say this not because I can't afford it but the issue of money is still very much dear to me, considering that I have to work for a living. And I'll be hard pressed to disagree that some of the stuff out there can be quite expensive and unless my surname is Gates, or related to SOMEONE in Brunei, I'd like to think that I can still buy something and not see myself forking out loads at one go. :bsmilie: Whether or not I do take the shop up on the scheme is obviously up to me.

Anyway, it was really just a simple question, but thanks Chriszzz (I hope I got the z-s in there right :D) and ydanz for the advice. It is something that I've always agreed with though.

Oh yeah, anyway Togu, I was just hoping (wishfully I guess) that folks like MS et al, might offer something like that, but I guess not, though I'm not sure of the economics behind that...

POF

Interest free and best price are often mutually exclusive - some one has to pay for interest. Duh. Even the dear shylocks called credit card issuers are keen to offer such arrangements having enough collected interest when you stumble on payments for too many interest free purchases.

insomia said:
Interest free and best price are often mutually exclusive - some one has to pay for interest. Duh. Even the dear shylocks called credit card issuers are keen to offer such arrangements having enough collected interest when you stumble on payments for too many interest free purchases.

Precisely the point, isn't it? The principle of the interest free repayment is to entice would-be spenders to freely spend since there is no interest to factor into purchases. This is done with the idea of issuing exorbitant (?) interest rates for defaulting on payments. I doubt that shops would be directly accountable for higher profits as opposed to normal cash-over-counter payments.

I would think that the system should instead serve to bring more customers keen to bank (no pun intended) on this?

POF

Status
Not open for further replies.