No inspiration!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

Are there times where you totally have no inspiration at all? What will you do?:(

For me, at times no inspiration in photography when I'm not feeling well (sick), very tired, or not in good mood.

I usually find a lack of inspiration when I've been shooting continuously... creative juices all drained. I find a camera-free period usually helps me recharge and I'm ready to go out and create more images. Course it helps when there's something interesting to shoot too, that's why it's important to address a wide range of subjects and not limit yourself to only one area of photography.

redstone said:
Worse is no inspiration in design, which I am now. Seriously behind time for school project, others far ahead of me. :(

Been there before.. know how you feel.

Everything you throw @ lecturer - REJECTED! .. and your peers seem to be going ahead.

sickening feeling...

dEthANGeL said:
Been there before.. know how you feel.

Everything you throw @ lecturer - REJECTED! .. and your peers seem to be going ahead.

sickening feeling...

Ya!!!

Art (design) is so subjective. I think it works, lecturer doesn't. Now my brain is dry. :(

jOhO, I'd agree with you. I got to counsel a number of such students when I was working in a university earlier last year. It is usually an excuse for what the students themselves calling "slack-off" mood.

Such an attitude tends to affect more westernized societies (and their students) than the more traditional societies. In redstone's case, I'd suggest a good workout to get those endorphins pumping to the brain.

It does happen from time to time. Especially when I'm in a very depressed and low mood.

i believe there's something besides photography that keeps you motivated. take some time off for yourself. do something you would enjoy and just ease your mind of problems temporaily. and get back to work. =)

I think it's all in the mind leh. hee. :cool:

when bad mood, shooting will cheer me up :angel:

When I lack inspiration, I would normally go to www.photosig.com and browse through other ppl's work for some ideas. :bsmilie: I love the erotica section :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

redstone said:
Are there times where you totally have no inspiration at all? What will you do?:(

sleep. i can never get enough of these:)

inspiration comes whenever. no mood, bad mood, sick, etc inspires me to do shots.

i have a inspiration to do a third party turns up at a wedding and does something really tragic now..

Well, I've never studied design before. However there's something I used to do with poetry and story-writing. Instead of starting from the beginning, write down a stanza or paragraph that lies somewhere in the middle of the piece. Then fill in the beginning and end from there. That seems to work sometimes.

So with your project, start somewhere in the middle, or start at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.