No inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben1223

Feb 16, 2004
Bedok, Singapore
www.flickr.com
I've seen a lot of threads with photos attached with little to no replies from fellow Snappers. Does that mean that Snappers have seen almost everything under the sun? Or the photos are beyond redemption so why bother? :think:

Hmm well for me, if i see threads on the Galleries, definitely i would not give a reply or comment...becasure i'm still a newbie :)

Ben1223 said:
I've seen a lot of threads with photos attached with little to no replies from fellow Snappers. Does that mean that Snappers have seen almost everything under the sun? Or the photos are beyond redemption so why bother? :think:

somethings are better to be appreciated rather then we make noise and compliant and in the end the picture gets left there.... all pictures are a making of Art and effort. so i wld say i wld rather sit and understand why is the photo taken like this.. and learn from the mistakes he made and make sure i dun repeat the same thing...

even if i were to comment.. i think the most i will say nice pic or good job...

I'd hate to comment solely with "nice pic" so when I do, usually I try to add in some points on composition and such. I'll recommend newbies to comment, you really do learn more by asking questions first. Depend on yourself for the answers.

It's really just to stimulate your brain, instead of waiting for person A to ask and person B to answer. If a question was never asked, would an answer ever come? Then would you ever learn?

Comments are good, only by knowing other ppl point of view do you learn to see in someone elses eyes and mind. BTW try to give reasons to why it is good or bad.

I normally do not comment as I do not consider myself good enough to be able to judge good composition, exposure, colours, etc. I study the posted photos, try to understand what the photog wants to show. Read comments and try to learn from them.

there are not enough comments because many snappers are too shy to comment.

don't be shy! even if it's just "nice shot" or "doesnt work for me". leaving comments stimulates thought and will result in a better photographer.

:p

I would usally say, (nice shot!) or (great!) but i think few months ago there's someone saying that people here don't give good comments as usually newbie will just post... "nice shot" or something on their thread?b :confused: .... gosh! i agree that if you have anything to say...just shoot! :)

Flyingpig said:
I would usally say, (nice shot!) or (great!) but i think few months ago there's someone saying that people here don't give good comments as usually newbie will just post... "nice shot" or something on their thread?b :confused: .... gosh! i agree that if you have anything to say...just shoot! :)

"nice shot" and "great" works fine for me.... it's very encouraging. "lousy shot" and "doesnt work for me" is demoralising but can be useful feedback as well. of course it would be nice to have a lengthy and in-depth expert critique for every shot, but i seriously doubt if there more than a handful of CSers who deliver that sort of critique on a regular basis.

zaren said:

don't be shy! even if it's just "nice shot" or "doesnt work for me". leaving comments stimulates thought and will result in a better photographer.

I agree. Even one liners work. When people just post "nice shot" or "doessn't work for me" it makes me think why did this guy did or did not like it. Of course it would be better if he told his reason. But it's better than none at all.

zaren said:

I would say it's amazing that people can be shy over the internet. No one's gonna shoot you for making a noob comment.

Put it this way, you have an art piece hanging in a public space. A couple of local art critics have given their reviews, passer-bys walk pass with either a casual glance or an interested personel study of the art technique utilised. Until one fine day Mr. A turns to the person beside him, Miss. B, and wonders why this is like this and that is like that. What is initially a 2-person conversation turns to a group discourse on this particular art piece.

I'm quite sure there are a lot of people almost like Mr. A, 'cos they only wonder to themselves. Come'on! Move those fingers of yours! :p

ps. I think there is truth in the phrase (goes something like), "everyone likes to lecture 'cos we all like to know how smart we are". So please, ask questions, so the rest of us can better massage our egos. :angel: (jokin' jokin' !!!)

foxtwo said:
I would say it's amazing that people can be shy over the internet. No one's gonna shoot you for making a noob comment.

Put it this way, you have an art piece hanging in a public space. A couple of local art critics have given their reviews, passer-bys walk pass with either a casual glance or an interested personel study of the art technique utilised. Until one fine day Mr. A turns to the person beside him, Miss. B, and wonders why this is like this and that is like that. What is initially a 2-person conversation turns to a group discourse on this particular art piece.

I'm quite sure there are a lot of people almost like Mr. A, 'cos they only wonder to themselves. Come'on! Move those fingers of yours! :p

ps. I think there is truth in the phrase (goes something like), "everyone likes to lecture 'cos we all like to know how smart we are". So please, ask questions, so the rest of us can better massage our egos. :angel: (jokin' jokin' !!!)
There's some truth to that even if you were just joking.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

If I get a reply with suggestions...GOOD :bsmilie:
If I don't get any reply, then I think,"mmm it must be lunch time there" :bsmilie:
or..it must be THAT good that they are speechless :bsmilie: joking !
Realy; I am no photographer. Reply of no reply, I still look at the various forums and try to better my efforts.

Good or not, you should know it yourself. okay, maybe you wanna ask for improvement but posting for comments i would only do it if i am really desperate for it. other than that, i would not at all. everyone has their own style and they will judge your photos with their standard and style and mind you, it differs from person to person. Some comments may be sweet, some will be bitter & awful. so which one do you want to read when you post? not everyone is humble here and from what i can see, almost half of them post rubbish comments and of no help to you.

Some are juz lazy to reply...or prefer to read someone else's comments instead....DAMN!!! I hit the "post reply" button again... *grumble*

It is very nice for forum members to post thier photos for comment. I always feel that we can learn something from another person.

However, I believe if you want other to comment, it is fair you provide some info about where the photo is taken and some info of the exposure and camera/lens used. Also if USM, color balance adjusted, say so. Then a more meaningful comment can be made.

It sound rather stupid to say, wow! very sharp when actually substantial amount of USM was applied to the photo. We should not be shy to provide info. After all we want to improve.

If you throw a couple of photos blankly, how you expect people to comment..beautiful shots!... very sharp!... nice color!. These kind of comments are merely flattering remarks and hardly add value.

Status
Not open for further replies.