No Flash Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

koayst

Dec 29, 2006
Been to Singapore Fashion Festival to shoot and someone behind me with it expensive gear telling me to stop using flash. Obviously mine is not a fast len and hence flash is required.

Anybody has any opinion about such request like "No flash please"?

If I can't use flash, the organiser should only allow those with expensive gear and set the rules before allows us to go in to take pics.

1. Any thought.
2. And why no flash ...

I just felt that I should not be allowed to drive the highway just because I am driving anything other than a BMW, Merc, Ferrari, Lotus .... etc.

Errr is the person behind you part of the organizing team? If not, I don't think this person have any jurisdiction on dictating which method of photography should be used. :thumbsd:

Just smile at him and continue to do your thing, unless the management team stop you. It is a free country the last time I check.;)

Imagine you're the model and there are hundreds of flashes flashing thousands of times, and you're not allowed to cover or close your eyes.

I believe your eyes will be temporarily blinded and hurting.

I think the person behind should have his brain checked, it's a public place and if he wants flash-free shots, he should hire his own model.

Talk about adding another passenger to the freebie boat.. :rolleyes:

Did you stop and ask the persons reason for saying that ?

To me, it doesn't sound like the person was either a pro or acting like one.

Did you turn around and take that persons photo ?

If so, post it :devil:

Are you using omnibounce / LS + pointing your flash upwards???
it hurts peoples' eye when the flash "back-fires"

I purposely made an effort not to shoot the runway models at a close distance.

hard to understand, unless your flash spill into his lens.

Been to Singapore Fashion Festival to shoot and someone behind me with it expensive gear telling me to stop using flash. Obviously mine is not a fast len and hence flash is required.

If I can't use flash, the organiser should only allow those with expensive gear and set the rules before allows us to go in to take pics.

1. Any thought.
2. And why no flash ...

I just felt that I should not be allowed to drive the highway just because I am driving anything other than a BMW, Merc, Ferrari, Lotus .... etc.

Did u ask him why you cannot use flash ? I think he is juz another arrogant ignorant

Singaporean.

If he persist to continue pestering u abt it, just point your flash backwards and

point at his face.

Or take his picture and post in CS. :sticktong

Moron unlimited.

if other people using flash (majority of people), then why let it bother you. if you are an obvious minority using a flash, then whether you were told or not or knew of it or not, there is probably a reason why others are not using a flash and i think anytime a photog is popping off a flash when most are not, automatic you should sense there must be a reason for that.

not taking sides, i wasn't there. could have very well been other photog saw your equipment and wanted to trump you by saying no flash. either way, no big deal...situation is over and take that experience, build on it, and move on. as long as there are people (and animals) in the world, you will always have a**holes. :)

after the opening runway, the rest of the shows are no flash allowed, cos your flash will kill everyone else there at the runway.

imagine when everyone's shooting at 1/60 ~ 1/80, your flash will probably spill into everyone's pictures!

please, spare a thought for others who're shooing for dailies and fashion magazines. if they dont get their shots, they WILL lose their jobs.

Imagine you're the model and there are hundreds of flashes flashing thousands of times, and you're not allowed to cover or close your eyes.

I believe your eyes will be temporarily blinded and hurting.

Then "Don't Be A Model" thats job of a model unless you are PM than there is people stop you for flashing:bsmilie:

after the opening runway, the rest of the shows are no flash allowed, cos your flash will kill everyone else there at the runway.

imagine when everyone's shooting at 1/60 ~ 1/80, your flash will probably spill into everyone's pictures!

please, spare a thought for others who're shooing for dailies and fashion magazines. if they dont get their shots, they WILL lose their jobs.
:dunno: like that one ah?

The same has happened last year :sweat:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=2045514&postcount=12

fyi, those photographers are commisioned to shoot the event. yes, there are passes involved. wearing a CS t-shirt or carry a ton of gear doesn't give u the right come stampeding onto the stage.

u lot are an undisciplined group that's why you were shooed away from the stage. you were interfering with our work. cutting in front; getting in the way.

how many times did you have to be reminded not to use flash? and yet people were still happily firing away. worse than little kids!! how many of the commisioned photographers on the stage did u see using flash? we had already had our WB and exposure checked prior to the show and all your flashes were causing our shots to be washed out!

u guys are shooting for hobby, for fun. there are those who shoot for a living so why don't u spare a thought for their livlihood.

:confused: I am confused. The SFF u refering is the one at Ngee Ann City tent right ? .

Read from this thread no DSLR is allowed in the SFF at Ngee Ann City
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=256467&page=4
If the rest of the photographers are not using flash then ... :sweat: :sweat:

Fashion shows at Marina Sq and Raffles shopping centre are opened to public and its a free
for all event.

:confused: I am confused. The SFF u refering is the one at Ngee Ann City tent right ? .

Read from this thread no DSLR is allowed in the SFF at Ngee Ann City
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=256467&page=4
If the rest of the photographers are not using flash then ... :sweat: :sweat:

Fashion shows at Marina Sq and Raffles shopping centre are opened to public and its a free
for all event.
as mentioned earlier, that happened last year in Ngee Ann City tent :sweat:

1. Any thought.
2. And why no flash ...

Tell him, everytime you shoot, your flash only illuminates 1/20000 of a second, unless he's so pathetic to use very slow shutter, the likelyhood that in the interval his shutter is open (1/30s?) and your flash illuminates his image is very very slim! unless both of you release the shutter at the same instance. Still there's different shutter lag and reaction time....... :dunno:

i'm not sure but someone posted that they shoot 1/60-1/80.. :dunno:
the models dun really stroll down the runway the last I seen.

Then what about the flahes from the P&S? :dunno:

i'm not sure but someone posted that they shoot 1/60-1/80.. :dunno:
the models dun really stroll down the runway the last I seen.

Then what about the flahes from the P&S? :dunno:

:think: Is DSLR allowed in the SFF ? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.