no DSLR camera allowed in F1 races ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi, heard from my colleague who bought a F1 walkabout ticket, he said no DSLR or videocam is allowed, PnS can.

Amen....

The last time I was at the Malaysian GP, no video was allowed. DSLR was ok.

oh.. No mineral water was allowed either. You have to throw yours away and buy those that they have at an unbelievable price.

Cheers,

Every senseless rule becomes sensible when money's factored into the equation... :think:

Er. the rules say no lenses above 200mm. It puts no limit on whether or not the camera is a DSLR. I think your collegue is misinformed to put it mildly.

First, they royally f**k up the ticketing. Now, no DSLRs????!?!?!

I'm really beginning to regret buying tickets here.

Oh well, probably the first and last time then.

put on your 2x and 1.4x teleconverters together. lol

Hmm some prosumers have focal lengths longer than 200 wor :bsmilie:
Olympus SP series has very long focal lengths. SP560 has 486mm lens.

Stupid rule... scared people will shoot "better" and "closer" than the "official photographers"?

wah..they really gonna check ah? a 2x tc will be good on a 200mm prime lens...i believe they worry that ppl will bring big lenses that can obstruct other ppl views..if its only the size..i wonder can bring in 500mm reflex lens..its small though :think:

wah..they really gonna check ah? a 2x tc will be good on a 200mm prime lens...i believe they worry that ppl will bring big lenses that can obstruct other ppl views..if its only the size..i wonder can bring in 500mm reflex lens..its small though :think:

i think there might be more monetary linked reasons

maybe they only want their official photographers to be able to capture closeup details

later can sell for $

who knows? :dunno:

maybe they only want their official photographers to be able to capture closeup details

later can sell for $

Bring ultrazoom prosumers. Not DSLR what, focal length over 200mm also. Up til almost 500mm also have. :devil:

later can sell for $

yeah man...mayb u r right...

Bring ultrazoom prosumers. Not DSLR what, focal length over 200mm also. Up til almost 500mm also have. :devil:

then it wun be sharp then... once pns cam goes in digital zoom..pics wun be as sharp..its the optical zoom that matters...

Status
Not open for further replies.