no color paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefyxz

Sep 17, 2003
Visit site
I tried to buy color paper for my darkroom. I couldn't find any at Peninsula Plaza, none of the shops has it.

Can I find color paper in Singapore?

i think u have to buy it in roll.cost ard $100+ for an 8"roll 78metre long.

Where can I buy the rolls? Do they exist in different sizes? (for example, 10 inch., 12 inch.)

Anyway, if it's possible to find the paper in sheets (like for B&W), that would be more useful. Anybody bought color paper before?

stefyxz said:
Where can I buy the rolls? Do they exist in different sizes? (for example, 10 inch., 12 inch.)

Anyway, if it's possible to find the paper in sheets (like for B&W), that would be more useful. Anybody bought color paper before?

So far there is very little or none available in Singapore for colour sheets paper. I know they have it in Australia when I was there for my studies. Yes they only have it in rolls and they have different length and sizes. The price is range form 70-150 bucks a roll. This is quite sensitive material as you need a very big changing bag or a total darkness room to cut your paper.

How do you print on colour paper? It has to be in total darkness unless of course you have a RA-4 paper developing machine......Chemicals for colour paper are quite hazardous to the enviroment.

Black and white is should be available @ Ruby.

Thanks for the info.

I want to try to print in color, since I found a used Jobo daylight print processor. The process should be safe with this machine, as the contact with the chemicals is reduced to a minimum.

Cutting the roll in sheets, I haven't thought about how to do it. The light-proof bag is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if my paper trimmer and the roll fit in it.

stefyxz said:
Thanks for the info.

I want to try to print in color, since I found a used Jobo daylight print processor. The process should be safe with this machine, as the contact with the chemicals is reduced to a minimum.

Cutting the roll in sheets, I haven't thought about how to do it. The light-proof bag is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if my paper trimmer and the roll fit in it.

It is quite dangerous using a changing bag to cut your roll of paper. What happend if you cut the bag? your whole roll of paper will be gone. On top of that, how are you goin to put the whole roll of paper without getting it expose? The best is to go a place with a total lightproof room and cut the whole roll. Better than using a changing bag.

stefyxz said:
I tried to buy color paper for my darkroom. I couldn't find any at Peninsula Plaza, none of the shops has it.

Can I find color paper in Singapore?

I have the Kodak Colour Paper never open i think total 50 or 100 sheets 8R size. If you interested i can let u have it cheap since i stop printing colour in darkroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.