No Bigwalk this year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lippie

Jan 10, 2006
油池
The long-waited annual event is cancelled this year due to the stadium closure..
no Nikon shootout.. sigh.. :cry:

was in the papers IIRC 2 days back.

the organisers of BW (ie TNP), cannot find another "family-friendly" location. :(

Sianz....

and I tot this year can try to have more fun... :cry:

they don't need the stadium to run the Bigwalk right? the event only uses the area outside the stadium and not the stadium itself. so if the stadium is under renovation, then they can look somewhere else for the space... maybe Marina Bay???

use the big field next to jurong east mrt.

but marathon in dec still on rite?

I think they are just plain lazy to redesign the route. Boo.

Like what mohgui suggested, I think flagging off and ending at Marina Bay is perfectly feasible too.

Maybe it is cancelled for other reasons? To prevent certain parties from using it to stage a walk? Afterall last year a certain banned religious group took the chance to hold a large procession.

Maybe it is cancelled for other reasons? To prevent certain parties from using it to stage a walk? Afterall last year a certain banned religious group took the chance to hold a large procession.

Why not just let them be. :bsmilie:

That's the problem with these authorities.

Why not just let them be. :bsmilie:

That's the problem with these authorities.

Because they are banned by China and they have stage protests etc that have got them in the lime light. Our authorities will not tolerate another "flower girl" parade by them. It will look like we are supporting China's public enemy no 1. and we will be asked to explain our stand by the Chinese Govt.

I dunno about them china flower/religious/watever groups but I think the real reason is much simpler.

The logistics of shifting this massive event to another location is simply too complex to do in such a short time. Plus there's always the problem of getting past the red tape.

So I think rather then coming up with a half baked event, they rather post-pone it. :think:

Its a real pity that the event is being postponed - there's no mass gathering for the dark side.

I thought they were just gathering in a group to walk and do their "exercise", beating gongs(?) drums(?) and all. No protest of any sort.

At least not of the sort that I see here.

Because they are banned by China and they have stage protests etc that have got them in the lime light. Our authorities will not tolerate another "flower girl" parade by them. It will look like we are supporting China's public enemy no 1. and we will be asked to explain our stand by the Chinese Govt.

well... you can't please everybody, esp every country...

anyway, if there is this year... i wonder will there be a Sion's Afghan Girl Flower Parade anot... :bsmilie:

Aye, must be because Nikon no Budget.

The Stadium competition already quite a lot of prizes le, then big walk again, super bleed then. :bsmilie:

So cancel big walk loor.

Status
Not open for further replies.