No Bad Words on Hong Kong MRT??? What the...

Do you speak bad words?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes

Nov 15, 2003
Australia
www.aljazeera.net
Just heard over the news that HK is gonna fine (equiv.SGD 1k / 6 mths jail / both) for people using bad words on trains and even people jumping queue or never wait for passenger come out first.

I think the queue and wait thing is okay since Olympics coming? But hey... what does foreigners know about cantonese bad words...

No definition given to what are bad words by HK. Talk about freedom of speech... human rights...

I guess everybody speaks bad words once in a while... but SGD 1k fine culpable with 6 mths jail??? :dunno:

(ps. The poll is anonymous to anyone even myself.)

Kick up a fuss on prospective GST plans? We'll go to Plan B.

Fine those people who spills "TLLM" outta their mouths. Fatten the government budgets through fines.

Looks like HK will be the next finest country yet! :sweatsm:

Sometimes people can accidentally spill something one mah... how can like that... as if every one should behave like in school... :(

tis is funny! i cantonese! i noe diu la seng! LOL!!!

I can imagine all the older folks reading their horse racing guides on trains and listening to their radio and pay to curse other horses... :bsmilie:

Hahahaha!!! Wonder how people here will react to it, lots of people swear all the time...

Do they understand Hokkien?

Doubt so, not the majority anyway. Admittedly I have to admit that on a few rare occasions when something bugged me, I cursed out loud in Hokkien (guess no need to elaborate), no one seemed to react adversely. :sweat: My friend, on the other hand, asked, "what gibberish are you talking?" :bsmilie:

Maybe to them every kind of mumble with intent could be classified as bad words. So in the end it could be easily enforced. :embrass:

actually afaik hongkies swear alot...
if u walk along "women's street", u get to hear alot....

What if foreigners swear ? Do they get fined too or is this just for the locals ?

BTW, it's not nice to call Hong Kong people hongkies (it's derogatory). It's best to refer to them as Hongkongers.

U know it kinda makes me wonder abt all these 'utter swear words get fined', 'say bomb kena arrest'.

What if I were to say the following Japanese words at a US Airport?

"Watashi no bag wa.... bakudan arimasu yo." :confused:
P/S: Bakudan = Bomb

Would I get arrested?

Or maybe I'll say the following on the MTR....
"Kono A Ho"
P/S: You idiot

Would I get fined? :think:

U know it kinda makes me wonder abt all these 'utter swear words get fined', 'say bomb kena arrest'.

What if I were to say the following Japanese words at a US Airport?

"Watashi no bag wa.... bakudan arimasu yo." :confused:
P/S: Bakudan = Bomb

Would I get arrested?

Or maybe I'll say the following on the MTR....
"Kono A Ho"
P/S: You idiot

Would I get fined? :think:

u scold so mild 1 meh...

will they issue receipts? how do i kno if tt person wont pocket tt fine?

do they accept credit payments? which card can use har? :bsmilie:

is 'throw yr mother's smelly shoe' a bad word? :dunno:

jus on MRT ? i tot it has been a culture ....

u want to find pple saying bad words ? go to a pub or a army camp... :sweat:

wad if some1 stick out d middle finger w/o saying anything? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.