NKF issues revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
lately, the nkf issues has resurfaced with the health minister admitting that he may be naive in the past for defending nkf's high reserves. then, today, it was disclosed that reserves of slightly over $200 million. this level of reserves may last 6.7 years. it seem that fund raising may be resumed if the health min gives the green light. your comments? will you particpate in their lifedrops programme again?

I'm not participating in lifedrops anymore ... I've channelled my resources to other charitable organisations like KDF & Salvation Army :)

no they need to donate everything to the needy in the Middle East or Africa. SG got too many charities, need to be consolidated.

i will boycott NKF fund raising activities

Drudkh said:
i will boycott NKF fund raising activities
Same here. ;(

I think NKF has betrayed the trust that donors have of them and it's definitely not as simple as changing a new committee, dig up some old documents and expect Singaporeans to believe them again.

C'mon man, Singaporeans are not born yesterday...

-Midge-

+1 before lock, I think admins and mods wun be happy abt this thread.

Anyway, I had long boycotted them since the rumours surfaced in 1998.
Disillusioned with everything liaoz.

errrr.... i thought i read it somewhere that NKF is asking for some 6million subsidies...o make up for the shortfall of donations... well, so u see, even if no donations, govt will subsidise

as for me, i have no donated to nkf for donkey years liao...n i don think i ever will again

errrr.... i thought i read it somewhere that NKF is asking for some 6million subsidies...o make up for the shortfall of donations... well, so u see, even if no donations, govt will subsidise

as for me, i have no donated to nkf for donkey years liao...n i don think i ever will again

errrr.... i thought i read it somewhere that NKF is asking for some 6million subsidies...to make up for the shortfall of donations... well, so u see, even if no donations, govt will subsidise

subsidies of about $4 million from the govt. how many charities have reserves that last more than 6 years? i think not many.

Go easy on NKF. :) Let the episode pass. People there are trying to fix the wrongs, and many people out there still need help from NKF.

shinken said:
Go easy on NKF. :) Let the episode pass. People there are trying to fix the wrongs, and many people out there still need help from NKF.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i think that, until the previous board members and related parties are taken to task, public confidence in the charity will remain low. one positive outcome of this espisode is that other charities are 'benefiting' from the diversion of funds from nkf.

reachme2003 said:
i think that, until the previous board members and related parties are taken to task, public confidence in the charity will remain low. one positive outcome of this espisode is that other charities are 'benefiting' from the divertion of funds from nkf.

I would think that, IMHO, the positive outcome you referred to is more like an ideal outome. No doubt there will definitely be overflows into other charity orgn, but, it is also highly likely that a large portion of donations cease to flow altogether, as a result in the distrust, coupled with the lack of adequate fund-raising efforts by the more passive and low-profile organisations. Overall donations, I suspect, had definitely declined.

reachme2003 said:
i think that, until the previous board members and related parties are taken to task, public confidence in the charity will remain low. one positive outcome of this espisode is that other charities are 'benefiting' from the diversion of funds from nkf.

reachme2003, you raise a good point.

I totally agree with you that unless the govt take stern steps to address the outstanding issues with Mr Durai and the board, nobody will be naive to contribute to NKF again.

They should concentrate on giving the public an answer asap rather than talking about fund raising. Just wrong timing.

NKF will never get another cent from me. PERIOD.:thumbsd:

is that a peanut on your nostrils in your avatar? hehe!

michhy said:
NKF will never get another cent from me. PERIOD.:thumbsd:

jsbn said:
+1 before lock, I think admins and mods wun be happy abt this thread.

Anyway, I had long boycotted them since the rumours surfaced in 1998.
Disillusioned with everything liaoz.

+1 +2 +3 .....???? abit childish isn't it? :nono:

You need to show some respect to other people's thread. reachme2003 is raising a relevant issue. As to what the moderator think, leave it to them, funny for you to try to act as one or to hint to the moderator that they should do their job to lock this post.

Photobug said:

You need to show some respect to other people's thread. reachme2003 is raising a relevant issue. As to what the moderator think, leave it to them, funny for you to try to act as one or to hint to the moderator that they should do their job to lock this post.

he edwm too much liao...

Photobug said:

calling others childish?:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.