[nitewalk] Sunrise shoot at the Merlion Park (One Fullerton) on 9th December 2012

nitewalk

May 31, 2010
Singapore
The previous Sunday was Stan Chart and tried reschedule to tuesday, but a few had suggested to me to fix it on weekend as they'd prefer weekend. Saturday I am joining Pentax outing so has to be Sunday.

I am organising an outing to shoot sunrise at Merlion (9th December). Anyone is welcomed to join, regardless of level of competency and equipment. However, I am planning to keep the group small as usual, as it is pointless to have a big group and everyone is doing different things and it gets very messy.

Thereafter, we may go for a breakfast where we can view each other's shots and discuss on what are the areas which are done well and which are the areas which we can do better. Basically, it is a session which I hope to get individuals to come together, hopefully people can find shoot partners and also have an informal critique session while having food.

Time: 6:20am to 7:30am (shoot), 7:30 - ? (breakfast and discussion)
Date: 9th December (Sunday)
Meet-up place: Merlion Park (One Fullerton)

Items to bring:
1.Water
2.Camera & lens (any format)
2.Tripod (Important)
3.Umbrella (optional)

Sunday (9th December) sunrise is at 6:56am, so it would be good to reach some time around 6:26am (half an hour before) so conservatively I'm putting the time as 6:20am as you may need some time to think on the ground judging the cloud formation, water stillness and lighting.

I am planning to have a short walk-and-talk to Boat Quay MacDonalds as the 2nd floor is quite conducive for such discussion. Do bring along a card reader if your card is not an SD card. I will not be providing a map, which I used to do, as I believe it is part of this genre of photography to be able to do your own research on how to get there. However, if you do need help please feel free to ask me.

Please PM me to sign up. I will not open up a sign-up list here since it is double work for you to sign up here and then PM me your contact. I will check my inbox every now and then today. You will receive an acknowledgment SMS from me once I read your PM.

Information to be PM-ed: Your real name, phone number, gender and age range (e.g. 20s for me). This is to help me to identify you on the day itself.

Please DO NOT sign up here (will not entertain any sign-ups here). Thank you.

Some of the shots from that area can be found here.

Last slot available. Thanks to those who have expressed their interest!

Dear all, thank you for the interest and the slots were full as of yesterday.

have fun!
hope i can join next time round...:)

Hi
I am new to this site and relatively new to photography as well.
I would like to join such sessions in future and would appreciate if you could inform me of any such outing in future.
Regards
Ramkumar S

hello all, have PM nitewalk my detail, see u all on Sun.

Regards,
Choon

Hi, as mentioned, i'd prefer if you guys pm me since ultimately i'd need you to pm me your contacts, hence you don't see a sign up list here. Anyway, as stated, the outing is full and thanks for expressing your interest. Do look out for future outings which will be posted in the near future.

Hi
I am new to this site and relatively new to photography as well.
I would like to join such sessions in future and would appreciate if you could inform me of any such outing in future.
Regards
Ramkumar S

Just check this subforum frequently and follow the rules of the organiser when signing up :)
There are also many stickies in the various subforums that are greatly informative

Ultimately the outings are organised by people (mostly) purely out of love of photography and wish for sharing, out of their own free time, so don't think they will (or can since there are >15,000 active members) keep track and inform people of outings individually ;)

See you guys later! Hope my lack of sleep won't cause my eyes to become smaller! :bsmilie:

Dear all, thanks for joining me despite the dismal sunrise, special thanks to eawtan for joining us to give us his valuable feedback and sharing so much with us as well. I will not start a thread for sharing as this is a small group so please feel free to share it in the landscape section!

Thanks nitewalk for the great sharing session. Appreciate it very much. Also thanks to eawtan for his valuable time in sharing his methods. It was nice meeting all of you guys. Had a great time this morning!

Thanks nitewalk for organising the sunrise shoot, and everyone else for sharing their knowledge. Looking forward to the next outing. Great oics eawtan

No problem. Certainly hope the sharing was beneficial. :)