Nissin Di866 or Metz 48 AF-1

wjsim

Jun 20, 2010
Popped by www.eastgear.com and saw their COMEX promotion. Can fellow pentax users help me on this?

I'm using a K-x. The Nissin Di866 is going for $399 and the Metz 48 AF-1 is going for $410. I don't think price is much of a comparison now. Would like to hear if either one is particularly better or more suitable for Pentax K-x.

Thanks in advance :)

seems like the di866 has not mount for pentax?

dunno the nissin and since there's no p-ttl model, the choice is clear - get either a metz 48, or the pentax 360 or 540.

i'm using a metz 48. i like it. :thumbsup:

Popped by www.eastgear.com and saw their COMEX promotion. Can fellow pentax users help me on this?

I'm using a K-x. The Nissin Di866 is going for $399 and the Metz 48 AF-1 is going for $410. I don't think price is much of a comparison now. Would like to hear if either one is particularly better or more suitable for Pentax K-x.

Nissin brand is either Nikon or Canon mount only. No Pentax mount. Get the Metz 48 AF-1P or the 58 AF-1P

saw the Metz 48 at Orient Photo yesterday, it is going for $400.

Buy, buy, buy some more??? :bigeyes:

didnt get the flash lah. my riva3000 is serving me well. i went to buy an extended-arm flash holder. i could not get enough light when shooting with the lens at full extension. the arm will help me to position the flash better which the bracket cant do at the moment. it is a more economic alternative to the kimberley which cost $300++.

saw the B&W nd110 at $165, Hoya $145 also. didnt know a filter can be so expensive :bigeyes:

Was at the Comex show also, saw the brochure of it.. http://www.eastgear.com/comex2010/COMEX 2010-Powerex-Brochure.pdf
Think it was confusing as it groups it together.. Was thinking since when Nissin support pentax mount.. Anyway the metz 48AF-1 comes with 4 new Imedions 2400mah Batteries. Is it more worth it then getting it at Orient photo?

Was at the Comex show also, saw the brochure of it.. http://www.eastgear.com/comex2010/COMEX 2010-Powerex-Brochure.pdf
Think it was confusing as it groups it together.. Was thinking since when Nissin support pentax mount.. Anyway the metz 48AF-1 comes with 4 new Imedions 2400mah Batteries. Is it more worth it then getting it at Orient photo?

Well the imedions already cost $18 per set in comex. The deal at comex is a good buy but the cost saving of $10 might not be attractive for u to squeeze through the crowd to get it. Unless you are going to the show anyway.

I am tempted myself to get the Metz48

thanks guys for the replies. yeh, i was confused by the brochure cos it said for pentax at the top of the box. i guess it's only for the metz. I thought the price was good but after hearing that it's going at $400 outside, really no point cos I prefer eneloop batteries anyway. going down to COMEX to get the MAHA C9000 though.

thanks again for the help. still fairly new with my Kx :)

Isn't Nissin some kind of cheapskate brand of flash? How can it be compared to Metz, made in Germany... and at $399? Must be joking.

saw the Metz 48 at Orient Photo yesterday, it is going for $400.

So expensive... SLR Revolution is around $340. But no Pentax mount for 48 AF-1. Actually, i have not seen any for Pentax mount in local shop. I got mine in HK at around $320.

So expensive... SLR Revolution is around $340. But no Pentax mount for 48 AF-1. Actually, i have not seen any for Pentax mount in local shop. I got mine in HK at around $320.

how did you get your metz48? air freight in or from the shop there in HK?

sorry to ask this question.

can the metz 48 shoot at the full extension of the macro dfa100 lens at f16 (shutter about 1/125s) with enough luminance to light up the subject? sorry to admit, the riva3000 cant seems to do that even when i used a flash ext to position the flash just above the subject. if cant, got to try a three flash system liao :embrass:

sorry to ask this question.

can the metz 48 shoot at the full extension of the macro dfa100 lens at f16 (shutter about 1/125s) with enough luminance to light up the subject? sorry to admit, the riva3000 cant seems to do that even when i used a flash ext to position the flash just above the subject. if cant, got to try a three flash system liao :embrass:

ur flash is above the subject and it can't light it up ?