Nissan Skyline R34 [Automobile]

leshrec

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Hi guys, just thought of sharing some shots of a R34. They were pretty rare in Singapore although they are a dime a dozen over here in Australia. The new GTR (R35) is pretty common the last time I came back though although the R34 is still a classic :bsmilie:

Will post more shots when I reach home and thank you for viewing!

Matt

5147652193_5e389bc8d8_b.jpg

5200658037_86c4d71fc0_b.jpg

5163360483_50041424bf_z.jpg

#4 (+DC5 and 350Z)
5231222680_01bff6899b_z.jpg

Hi guys, just thought of sharing some shots of a R34. They were pretty rare in Singapore although they are a dime a dozen over here in Australia. The new GTR (R35) is pretty common the last time I came back though although the R34 is still a classic :bsmilie:

Will post more shots when I reach home and thank you for viewing!

Matt

#4 (+DC5 and 350Z)
5231222680_01bff6899b_z.jpg

badass car! i think it is more ferocious than the new R35.. but what's with the parking space label? "SMALL CAR"? haha!

Thank you!

Well, since they are all below 4 litres, unlike the V8 commodores and falcons over here which are excess of 5 or 6 litres, I guess its not technically wrong to label them as small cars ;)

Matt

Last edited:
Thank you!

Well, since they are all below 4 litres, unlike the V8 commodores and falcons over here which are excess of 5 or 6 litres, I guess its not technically wrong to label them as small cars ;)

Matt

haha! "technically"! Nice!

Awesome shots!

Yeah they are both awesome, I think for a daily the GTT is far more livable than the GTR, GTR is an absolute money pit.

Have you seen the eastbear GTT from Melbourne? Completely black but was recently sold for....a worked R34 GTR.

I haven't drove the R34 GTR but tried out a friend's R33 GTR and it was awesome, although him changing the twin turbos to a single bigger one left the turbo lag at lower revs something to be desired. Probably if left stock it might be more usable as a daily? The higher end was magic though and when cornering, I much prefer the understeer from the awd system than the oversteer i'm getting from the GTT and my previous S15.

Is the eastbear GTT the one with the matte black paint? Sorry, I'm not too up to date with SAU news recently what with the new photography hobby and other real life stuff. Frankly, I would get a GTR without battering an eyelid if the funds allowed, but unfortunately, life is often a compromise. :bsmilie:

Matt

Absolutely, the stock turbos are probably the best for daily driving and more responsive compared to a single, he's probably after dyno numbers, like big ones :)
I thought oversteer is a lot of fun on a GTT and S15 since you guys can drift better with it, the GTR's traction for cornering exit is awesome though.

What you say is absolutely true, glad to see a fellow car enthusiast in a photography forum. :D And yes, hes often on the tracks so that was the main reason he changed them. Stock is probably the way to go for a daily, attracts less attention/cops too.

Oversteer is great fun for drifting but on tracks, it feels so much better having the confidence of a AWD system when entering/exiting a corner. In addition, once it starts to rain, I usually have to take much more caution since the power is only from the rear wheels.

Matt

What you say is absolutely true, glad to see a fellow car enthusiast in a photography forum.

its wonderful that there are so many car enthusiasts interested in photography as well! :)

What you say is absolutely true, glad to see a fellow car enthusiast in a photography forum. :D And yes, hes often on the tracks so that was the main reason he changed them. Stock is probably the way to go for a daily, attracts less attention/cops too.

You mean he changed his stock turbos to single for track use? If that's the case then yeah I can see why he did it. Usually single turbos are used to produce bigger dyno numbers or for the 1/4 mile track runs.

Oversteer is great fun for drifting but on tracks, it feels so much better having the confidence of a AWD system when entering/exiting a corner. In addition, once it starts to rain, I usually have to take much more caution since the power is only from the rear wheels.

That's the problem with turbos, the power delivery is not linear therefore its more difficult to control especially cornering than in an NA car. A single turbo would work well in this situation because the boost doesn't start until much higher up in the rev like 4900rpm or more where it starts somewhere about there when exiting corners and blasting down straights.

I used to have a 300zx, the oversteer on that car was really really bad (S2000 is another difficult one). I don't think the drift king has even tried to drift in the 300zx because it would oversteer suddenly if you tried to corner and accelerate with boost.

Last edited:
You mean he changed his stock turbos to single for track use? If that's the case then yeah I can see why he did it. Usually single turbos are used to produce bigger dyno numbers or for the 1/4 mile track runs.

Yes thats right Sam, he did it to get the better higher end for tracking purposes. The car was built mainly for tracking purposes and its a beast for a daily. I remembered the first time I drove it, I had a hard time getting the biting point as he was using a racing clutch (Can't remember the exact model). So it was either you got it, or the car died. I reckon you should know what I mean.

That's the problem with turbos, the power delivery is not linear therefore its more difficult to control especially cornering than in an NA car. A single turbo would work well in this situation because the boost doesn't start until much higher up in the rev like 4900rpm or more where it starts somewhere about there when exiting corners and blasting down straights.

I used to have a 300zx, the oversteer on that car was really really bad (S2000 is another difficult one). I don't think the drift king has even tried to drift in the 300zx because it would oversteer suddenly if you tried to corner and accelerate with boost.

Yup linear power is much easier to handle and the turbo lag on a single big one is astonishingly bad. Well, I usually try not to step too hard until I'm almost out of the bend. Had a bad experience once with fishtailing when I was halfway in a bend. I reckon if I had a dedicated track car, I would probably be more inclined to go harder but with it being my daily too, I can't really afford to not have a car on the weekdays.

The 300ZX is awesome, my S15 was using a 300ZX air flow meter, good stuff! :thumbsup: Loved the headlights of the Z32 and even today, I think its the best looking Z in the lineup. I don't have any friends with it though so never got a chance to test drive it. Anyway, I tried the S2000 before and I think it was great on handling. The only thing lacking for me was the power but then again it could be due to being used to the turbos. :bsmilie:

Matt