Nissan Diesel U31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisgage

May 16, 2007
Clementi, Singapore, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Nissan Diesel U31 city bus was introduced to then Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd bus fleet in 1993. It was a rugged and full of Japanese flavour type of city bus with its Fuji Heavy Industries bodywork which is common sight in many Japanese cities. With Singapore LTA regulation and limitation of running 15 years on the road, the vehicle had to be sold or scrap, the time is up for this wonderful bus. Here are some photos of the buses taken.

DSC_2402A.jpg

DSC_2565B.jpg

nice attempt on the memorable pics of this bus...
i will so "miss" this bus.. haha.. but really.. its time for them to go... those days where i had to go school wif the leaking air-con, air-con dat doesnt work when its super hot and those broken chairs.. haha.. will miss this so much.. bye guys!

Those buses belonged to City Shuttle Service(out of business) which was later transferred over to TIB, hence the CSS registration plates instead of TIB.

Last time all the CSS uses this type of Nissan buses, i felt tat the ride is comfortable for a non air suspension bus. I like the rubbery sound made by the suspension. I felt that it wears well & lasts a long time...

Haha i never see tat it has a 'jap' feel to it... but hey! i nv liked the bus, always late >.<
nice photos btw!

call me weird.. but i liked the smell of those buses.. they had this smell which i think was due to the combination of aircon & upholstery seats and the rubber flooring.. brings back old times..

Last time all the CSS uses this type of Nissan buses, i felt tat the ride is comfortable for a non air suspension bus. I like the rubbery sound made by the suspension. I felt that it wears well & lasts a long time...

It think it is the creaking sound of the leaf spring suspension of the bus. As time goes by, the iron got rusted thus producing the sound.

nice attempt on the memorable pics of this bus...
i will so "miss" this bus.. haha.. but really.. its time for them to go... those days where i had to go school wif the leaking air-con, air-con dat doesnt work when its super hot and those broken chairs.. haha.. will miss this so much.. bye guys!

Thanks. I remembered those too. :bsmilie:

Those buses belonged to City Shuttle Service(out of business) which was later transferred over to TIB, hence the CSS registration plates instead of TIB.

Yes. :)

Thanks for sharing. Yeah. Nice bus with a japanese flavour.

I like TIBS. Fast and Good. haha.. :)

Haha i never see tat it has a 'jap' feel to it... but hey! i nv liked the bus, always late >.<
nice photos btw!

The flavour or feel comes from the bus bodywork actually. It was manufactured in Japan by Fuji Heavy Industries. During that times, Fuji Heavy Industries manufactured most if not all the city buses bus bodywork in all major Japanese cities.

call me weird.. but i liked the smell of those buses.. they had this smell which i think was due to the combination of aircon & upholstery seats and the rubber flooring.. brings back old times..

Same here. Especially new buses, the strong PVC smell from the seats and flooring :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.